Evening & Weekend MBA Program
Add/Drop Process for Fall 2014 Classes
- The Add/Drop period will consist of TWO rounds for the Fall 2014 semester.
Rnd Start Date End Date 1 9:00AM on Saturday, 8/23 9:00AM on Friday, 8/29 2 12:00PM on Friday, 8/29 5:00PM on Saturday, 9/6
NOTE: Round 2 will be the final round of Add/Drop for the semester, and no further transactions will be processed thereafter.
- Students can DROP classes directly through the Haas On-Line Registrar (OLR) web site at any point during the Add/Drop period.
- While the Haas On-Line Registrar will process your drop request(s), you will still need to return all course materials before your drop is finalized. Students who do not return the course materials for their dropped course(s) will be billed at the end of the Add/Drop period.
- Please note that all drops are irreversible in the OLR system. This means that you will have to go through the waitlist sytem again for a class if you want to re-enroll into it.
- Students can ADD a class by signing up on the EWMBA Add/Drop Waitlists on the Haas On-Line Registrar (OLR) web site.
All classes, regardless of space availability or unit value, will have a waitlist on this web site.
- YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE WAITLIST FUNCTION UNTIL ADD/DROP BEGINS ON AUGUST 23rd.
- Go to the Haas OLR web site, and click on "EWMBA Add/Drop Waitlists." You will need to log in with your Haas Login and password.
- You will see a drop down menu at the top of the page. Go to "List of EWMBA Courses" then click "View courses". All EWMBA courses will appear on the screen. For each course, all the relevant information is given, including class capacity, number of seats filled, and the number of students who have signed up on the waitlist. (You will not be able to see who is on the waitlist; you'll just see how many people are on the list.)
- If you wish to add to a particular course's waitlist, click on "Add to waitlist" to the right of that course listing. That will take
you to a screen where you can submit one waitlist point for that course by hitting the "Submit Waitlist Request" button.
NOTE: You are allowed to sign up on a maximum of 3 waitlists per round, and you can only submit one point per waitlist. You will receive 3 waitlist points per round.
- Once you submit a waitlist request for a particular course, you will see that the waitlist status changes when you go back to the EWMBA course listings. You should see "Waitlist request received" to the right of that course listing. You can continue to add yourself to more waitlists by following step "D" above until you reach the three waitlist maximum.
- If you wish to view or change your current waitlist requests in a given week, you can go to "Current waitlist requests" from the drop down menu at the top of the page, then click "View courses". You will then see a list of the courses for which you submitted a waitlist request. If you wish to drop a waitlist request you made previously during a given round, click on "Waitlist request received" to the right of that particular course listing. That will take you to a screen where you can drop your waitlist request by clicking on the "Drop Waitlist Request" button.
- After each round of Add/Drop, the EWMBA Program Office will process waitlists according to the following rules:
- We will prioritize students on each waitlist by seniority in the program, randomize students within seniority, and add as many people as there are available spaces.
- For those who do not get off the waitlist after the first week of Add/Drop, they will remain on a ranked waitlist for the following round. We will rank the waitlist by seniority in the program and randomize within seniority. Those already on the ranked waitlist will have priority over new people signing up on the same waitlist during the subsequent rounds of Add/Drop.
- After the EWMBA Program Office processes all the waitlists, an e-mail will be sent requesting that all students log into the Haas OLR
web site to view the complete results of their waitlist requests. Go to the Haas OLR web site and click on "Your waitlist report" under
"EWMBA Add/Drop Waitlists". You will need to log in with your Student ID number and the word "password". Once you are in the waitlist
report, you will either see an "E" next to the courses you were able to enroll in, or a "W" with a waitlist number next to the courses
you were unable to enroll in. (Please see step "G" above regarding the ranked waitlist.)
NOTE: YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE WAITLIST REPORT UNTIL THE EWMBA OFFICE HAS FINISHED PROCESSING THE WAITLISTS.
- If you wish to drop from a waitlist from a previous round, you can go to "Current waitlist requests" from the drop down menu at the
top of the page, then click "View courses". For the courses you were placed on a ranked waitlist from a previous round, you will see a link called
"Drop Waitlist Spot" underneath your waitlist number. It will take you to a screen where you can drop your waitlist request by clicking
on the "Drop Waitlist Request" button.
NOTE: If you drop a waitlist request from a previous round, you will still only be able to add up to 3 waitlist requests for the next round. Dropping yourself from a ranked waitlist from a previous round is an irreversible transaction, and you will permanently lose your spot.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have the approriate class materials for your class. Please review the Study.Net Log-In Instructions on accessing course content for courses that have readers. If the course utlizes bCourses or bSpace, you must notify the instructor and/or GSI to gain access to the course. Information on this process can be found here.
- ONLINE COURSES/HYBRID COURSES. In addition to adding yourself to the waitlist in OLR, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest and confirmation that you placed yourself on the waitlist. The EWMBA Program Office will notify the instructor or GSI and you will be granted access to the course via bCourses. NOTE: Only enrolled students will be able to attend live, online sessions. You will only be able to review the recorded sessions. If you are succesfully added to the course, you will be given information about accessing live sessions. This process applies to the following courses:
- EWMBA 257.11 Leadership Competencies
- EWMBA W254.1A Power & Politics
- Class materials during Add/Drop period:
- Textbooks will not be available until you are officially enrolled in a course.
- All students will be able to gain access for up to 8 courses in study.net (including enrolled and waitlisted courses) for the entire Add/Drop period. Instructions about accessing Study.Net can be found here.
- Those students who fail to drop classes by the end of the Add/Drop period incur two penalties:
- Payment for class materials.
- A 20% reduction in next semester's bid points.
NOTE: One unit courses begin after the Add/Drop period ends, so we ask that those enrolled are 100% sure that they can attend ALL sessions of the class. If for some reason you must drop a 1 unit after the Add/Drop period, you will receive a 20% reduction in next semester's bid points, and you must pay for the class materials if the EWMBA Program Office cannot find a replacement for you in the class.