Berkeley-Haas PhD Community
The strength of the faculty in all academic departments and the breadth of course offerings throughout UC Berkeley confer lifelong advantages on students in the Haas School doctoral program.
Integral to the Berkeley-Haas PhD Program experience is your opportunity to take courses and study with faculty members in other departments.
- Coursework with the departments of economics, statistics, and mathematics enriches Berkeley-Haas PhD students' knowledge of economic theory and builds skills in quantitative methodology.
- The ability to conduct integrated investigation of basic and applied theory in the social sciences is honed through study within such disciplines as political science and psychology.
- Haas School PhD students enjoy employment opportunities through the network of research institutes across Berkeley's campus.
UC Berkeley: Renowned Worldwide
Renowned as one of the world's preeminent research universities, Berkeley has been educating business leaders since 1868.
According to the National Research Council, UC Berkeley ranks first nationally in the number of graduate programs in the top 10 in their fields. (In fact, 97% of the university's programs made the top 10 list.)
Berkeley's faculty includes:
- 7 current Nobel laureates
- 21 total Nobel laureates
- 132 members of the National Academy of Sciences, and
- 230 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
This helps to explain why the university is a leader in understanding and explaining the economic, political, technological, and social forces driving today's business environment.
Assistant Professor, Empirical Financial Accounting
Korea University Business School
"The environment ensures collaborative spirit that creates friends as well as colleagues."