Berkeley Business Academy for Youth high school program offers two two-week summer sessions; Entrepreneurship and Case Study/Critical Thinking. Students study concepts and terminology found in business, strategic planning, entrepreneurship, business plans, organization, and case study. The format includes lectures, discussions, research, case analyses, teamwork and presentations, and includes 3-4 hours of instruction, five days per week.
- A pre-college business program for students rising 10th through 12th grades
- An invaluable introduction to the business world from a top-ten business school at the world's premier public university
- An introduction to teamwork, entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, business principles, financial accounting, marketing, game theory, business plan and case study
- Each session is open exclusively to 50 highly motivated high school students from around the globe
- Berkeley-Haas professors and corporate guest speakers share their professional insights and knowledge
- Taught by faculty, lecturers, graduate and undergraduate business students at the Haas School of Business
- A global perspective and connection with students from other countries expand awareness of cultural and social diversity
- Dormitory living provides students with a residential college life experience
Morning and afternoon snack will be provided. Students may purchase reasonably priced meals at on-campus cafes and numerous nearby restaurants or bring lunch each day.
Residential students are required to purchase a dormitory meal plan that includes three meals per day.