Berkeley Business Academy for Youth high school program offers two two-week summer sessions; Entrepreneurship and Case Study/Critical Thinking. Students study concepts and terminology found in business, strategic planning, entrepreneurship, business plans, organization, and case study. The format includes lectures, discussions, research, case analyses, teamwork and presentations, and includes 3-4 hours of instruction, five days per week.
- A pre-college business program for students rising 10th through 12th grades
- An invaluable introduction to the business world from a top-ten business school at the world's premier public university
- An introduction to teamwork, entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, business principles, financial accounting, marketing, game theory, business plan and case study
- Each session is open exclusively to 50 highly motivated high school students from around the globe
- Berkeley-Haas professors and corporate guest speakers share their professional insights and knowledge
- Taught by faculty, lecturers, graduate and undergraduate business students at the Haas School of Business
- A global perspective and connection with students from other countries expand awareness of cultural and social diversity
- Residential living provides students with a residential college life experience
All high school students are required to reside in the residential hall. This includes a residential meal plan of two meals per day (breakfast & dinner).
Students may purchase reasonably priced meals for lunch at on-campus cafes and numerous nearby restaurants. Morning and afternoon snack will be provided.
Day in the Life of a College Student
A panel of university students will discuss their college experience and answer questions. Admissions advisors from Haas School of Business and UC Berkeley Undergraduate Admissions will lead an interactive session to assist students in improving their understanding of the domestic and international college admissions process and applying to CAL.
Other Activities: Board games, Team building, UC Berkeley tour, San Francisco trip, scavenger hunt, karaoke night