Need an answer quick? Here's a primer for Haas faculty and
staff on where to find what at Haas and at UC Berkeley.
University Health Services (UHS) manages the Ergonomic@Work program which promotes ergonomics in the workplace through workshops. UHS also manages a Computer Ergonomics Matching Funds Program. The intent is to provide campus departments with a cost effective way to promote comfort at the keyboard as well as prevent and/or minimize the effects of computer related repetitive motion injuries
Haas Building Access, Maintenance,
and Safety Issues
- Report a maintenance problem or problem with my office
at Haas? Contact fixit@haas
- Learn the building emergency plan? View
- Find safety and emergency information? View
- Reserve a room at Haas? Haas students, faculty
and staff can use the online room
- Reserve a/v equipment or computers? Haas students,
faculty and staff can use the online equipment reservation system.
- Get keys? Get help when I'm locked out of my office?
Contact Kendall Dockham in room S549 or at 1-510-643-0475.
- Find the lost and found? Contact Dennis
Mail, Copy, Computer, and Web Services
Who's Who, What's Where
- Purchase textbooks, course readers, office supplies,
or office furniture? For textbooks, contact Dave Stuckey.
For office supplies, come to the supply room at S545 If you need to purchase office furniture, contact
Gerardo Campos .
- Purchase Haas Gear (imprinted clothing and items)?
Contact Dave Stuckey or visit the Haas
Accounting, Payroll, and Financial
- Questions about my paycheck? Contact
or Robbie Jackson.
- Help with Purchasing, Payments and BearBuy?
Contact Haas Business Services
- Questions about expense reimbursement?
Faculty members can contact a faculty
assistant; staff members should refer to the Haas Business Services Reimbursements site.
- Learn about travel policies and online booking? Travel
policies, forms, and information about UC-related travel
matters can be found through the Haas Business Services Travel site
- Help with Cash Handling and Deposits? Review the Haas Business Services Deposit site
- Get a staff/faculty parking permit? Contact Parking and Transportation
has information on permits, shuttles,
- Get a visitors parking permit? For course guest speakers, contact the program office, otherwise departments provide their own passes.
- Figure out the best way to get to Haas? Parking
and Transportation has information on permits, shuttles,
Learning More About and Getting around
- Find out about events and schedules at Haas and at
UC Berkeley? Check the campus
academic calendar for the school class and holiday schedules.
The campus event calendar lists lectures,
events, exhibits, and other happenings across campus. The
Haas Events Calendar lists events
here at Haas. You might want to check the Daily Cal and the UC Berkeley News Center (formerly the Berkeleyan) online for campus
events and news.
- Gain access to UC libraries? The UC libraries website lists hours, collections,
services, guides, and catalogs.
- Learn my way around campus? The campus map includes travel information
and an interactive campus index. If you don't find what
you need there, the Visitor Services web site discusses
in-person tours, directions to campus, and parking suggestions.
- Find out about HR and benefits information?
The Haas Human Resources pages are an excellent resource for all of your personnel questions including Benefits, Career Development, Policies and Recognition & Awards.
Robbie Jackson is your primary contact at Haas for benefits and personnel assistance.
The UC Benefits Information
website is the online place to start for health, retirement,
online forms, and benefits news.
CARE Services, the campus
employee assistance program, is a free, confidential counseling,
consultation, referral for faculty and staff.
Check the UC Berkeley HR page
for human resources information such as benefits, labor
relations, jobs, policies, classification, forms, and employee
University Health Services is the first
place to go for information on training and workshops, Health
Matters, educational resources, occupational health, ergonomics,
and workers' compensation.
Annual & Probationary Performance Evaluation
Performance Evaluations are conducted annually for all staff members around August. Probationary Evaluations are conducted approximately 6 months after the date of hire. Evaluation forms may be downloaded from the Haas Human Resources Evaluations website page.
Upon hiring an employee supervisors should thoroughly review the Guide to Managing Human Resources Chapter 6: Probationary Period http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/guide/probation.htm
Personnel policies surrounding probation are different depending upon whether your employment appointment is non-represented or represented by a labor contract.
Non-represented employees follow Personnel Policies for Staff Members and the Probation Policy is found under Section 22
Employee's represented under the CUE contract will find the Probationary Policy within the CUE Contract Article 29
If you have questions regarding these policies, contact Denise Boyd, Director of Human Resources for guidance.
Have more questions? Contact Denise
If you'd like us to add one of your favorite online resources,
email the webmaster.