Job Title: Academic HR Analyst #14577
Job ID: 14577
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: September 20, 2012
The Haas HR and Academic Affairs unit at the Haas School of Business serves our academic community by administering the recruitment and hiring of new faculty and tracking and processing academic personnel cases.
The Haas HR and Academic Affairs unit is currently recruiting an Academic HR Analyst 1 for a one-year contract position. This is an entry level position that will perform both coordinative and analytical functions for the team as described below.
Under direction, learns to prepare academic review cases by assembling materials and providing other support.
Provides non-complex staff support to faculty review committees or chair.
• Coordinates external reviews for faculty groups and centers
• Assists with faculty personnel committee support and recordkeeping
• Coordinates data and information required for ladder faculty workload process
• Maintains all instructional rosters and email lists
• Maintain applicable sections of department website
Under guidance from more senior Academic HR Analyst or manager, provides information to faculty and other academic staff concerning Unit 18 HR processes, benefits criteria and eligibility
Learns Academic HR concepts, policies, and procedures by assisting with administering policies and programs in recruiting, instructional labor relations, wage and salary administration and training.
• Develop and coordinate implementation and process documentation of Unit 18 provisions
• Calculate the appointment percentages and compensation of Lecturers, Lecturers with Continuing Appointment, Adjunct Professors, Teacher-Special Programs. and Visiting Professors. (These titles comprise approximately 60% of the Haas School faculty.) Coordinate with the department scheduler, degree program directors, and the Senior Assistant Dean of Instruction to ensure accuracy of the appointment percentage and salary rate. Draft appointment letter, taking into account complicating factors such as the different academic calendars of the 6 degree programs, the employment conditions of different payroll titles, and how compensation might vary by degree program (ex. the Master’s in Financial Engineering has a pre-determined per unit rate). Must be aware of the historical context of any individual agreements. Ensure that appointment letters reflect the requirements of the Unit 18 contract.
• Coordinate execution of the Memorandum of Understanding on summer sessions compensation and profit sharing. Serve as the liaison between Haas instructors and the Summer Sessions office. Advocate for the Haas School’s interests and ensure that Haas instructors receive appointment letters and paychecks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensures transactions are accurately entered in HCM and department’s custom database.
• Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Acquiring knowledge of campus, college, and departmental formal and informal policies and procedures, and understanding of variances to stated policies.
• Acquiring knowledge of campus Human Capital Management (HCM) system and other related business software programs and systems and databases. Previous knowledge helpful.
• Acquiring knowledge of unit academic culture and educational goals of discipline(s) served.
• Good Communication skills verbally and in writing.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time, one-year contract position will range between $38,100 annually up to $56,600 annually.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time one-year contract position classified by the university as an Academic HR Analyst 1.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open