Job Title: Director, Program Management
Job ID: 14830
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is November 12, 2012
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders -- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
UC Berkeley’s Center for Executive Education (CEE) at the Haas School of Business develops and delivers open enrollment and custom programs for business executives in the US and internationally. Approximately 65% of its custom executive development programs are for overseas clients and the portfolio of open enrollment programs continues to expand to meet market demands. CEE has been very successful in recent years, with almost 100% repeat clients for custom programs. Haas’ objective is to grow CEE from revenues of $17M to $50M+ within the next five to ten years.
The Center for Executive Education is recruiting a Director of Program Managerment.
Works closely with Assistant Dean on operations planning as well as develops and implements specialized executive education programs for the unit and growing the number of programs. Steps in to program manage when gaps in team require it.
Leads a team of twelve direct reports to improve processes, programs and business across the unit and responsibility for implementation of such improvements. Responsible for providing staffing, training, motivating and evaluating all direct reports. Sets high standard for customer service and high-touch delivery of executive programs.
Works closely with sales and marketing to assess and recommend improvements in the development and delivery of educational services and programs that meet executive needs.
Provides financial oversight to educational programs and services delivered.
Confers with broad-based constituencies regarding logistics, guest lists, site selection, vendors, event goals and objectives, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in related area.
• Candidates should have at least ten years of full-time, relevant work experience, including experience managing a large team.
• Expert knowledge of management principles, concepts and best practices and skills to select, lead, direct, mentor, and guide staff, taking corrective action as necessary.
• High-level knowledge of the concepts, principles and best practices of customer service and event planning, production and implementation.
• Expert skills to produce high quality events within budget and time constraints, including events that promote the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the campus, the Haas School of Business, and the Center for Executive Education.
• Solid project management skills.
• Solid interpersonal communications skills to build and foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment and build and maintain good working relations at all organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
• Experienced in political acumen and skill in judgment, decision-making and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution.
• Expert Leadership/management skills, including skills to lead, direct, mentor, evaluate and motivate staff.
• Demonstrated strong user of software such as MS Office, Salesforce.com and aptitude for learning new software tools.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this fulltime exempt contract position will range between $51,000 annually up to $90,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position requires approximately 10% time travelling internationally.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open