Job Title: Business Development / Sales Professional
Job ID: 14836
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 13, 2012 and continuously until the position is filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders --- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
UC Berkeley’s Center for Executive Education (CEE) at the Haas School of Business develops and delivers open enrollment and custom programs for business executives in the US and internationally. Approximately 65% of its custom executive development programs are for overseas clients and the portfolio of open enrollment programs continues to expand to meet market demands. CEE has been very successful in recent years, with almost 100% repeat clients for custom programs. Haas’ objective is to grow CEE from revenues of $17M to $50M+ within the next five to ten years..
CEE is recruting a Business Development / Sales Professional.
• Works with the Business Development Team to develop and implement programs, events and/or communication strategies designed to inform external constituencies of open enrollment programs, activities, policies, and practices; constituencies may include the general public, corporations, non-profit organizations, and government.
• May research various topics and gather relevant data to inform unit strategic plans, keeping management informed as necessary and providing input as required. For example, weekly sales and tracking report, and report on market trends to internal stakeholders.
• Ensures smooth-running operations for open enrollment programs, from logistical details to Program Management. Trouble-shoots and resolves open enrollment participants’ issues.
• Responds to constituent inquiries.
Handles inquiries and develops prospective clients so that clients and their companies become a participant(s) in CEE programs and services.
Responsible for direct sales efforts for open enrollment programs.
Will assist the Customized Solutions Sales Director in identifying key prospects
• Actively seeks and cultivates new relationships/sales with corporate functional leaders to attract group attendance to Haas Open Enrollment & Customized Executive Education programs
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• 8 -10 years of top performance in key account sales
• Thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and procedures of building and maintaining effective relations with global corporations
• Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications, tact and political acumen to effectively represent the campus.
• Thorough research, analytical and critical thinking skills, including sound judgment and decision-making skills and skill to correctly identify real and potential problems, advising management as required, and proposing effective strategic resolutions.
• Strong sales skills and knowledge of business and CEE program offerings.
• Skill in project management, including event planning and meeting deadlines.
• Strong sense of initiative, self - directed, and the ability to organize all daily, weekly & monthly activities focused on ambitious revenue goals.
• Experienced with proposal development for high level customized corporate key accounts.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt one-year contract position will range up to $90,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position requires traveling approximately 15% time locally or domestically and 5 % Internationally.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open