Job Title: Annual Giving Associate #15119
Job ID: 15119
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: January 25, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Development & Alumni Relations unit at the Haas School of Business develops and executes alumni relations and fundraising events, communications and activities to engage Haas’ 40,000+ alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and friends. The Annual Giving Team consists of 7 full-time staff members that run both personal/volunteer fundraising programs and mass/direct marketing programs via direct mail, e-mail, telephone and web. The Haas Annual Giving Team annually raises 5,500+ donations totaling $3.3+ million in unrestricted funds.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Associate provides support to the entire Annual Giving Team, which consists of the Director, four Associate Directors and one Assistant Director, assisting their ongoing efforts to engage and solicit supporters of the Haas School of Business. In particular, this position performs a lot of scheduling, accounting, planning, note taking, data manipulation and handling, student supervision, program and event support, and other detailed administrative functions in a high-paced, customer service/facing environment. This person must possess strong written and verbal communication, multi-tasking, organizational and customer service skills, high competency utilizing MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), donor databases (CADS), accounting systems (BearBuy & TVS) and other event and creative tools (Convio, Illustrator, EventTrust, etc.), and must be a team player, goal driven, comfortable accepting and prioritizing tasks from multiple people, and capable of providing exemplary service in a highly professional and demanding environment.
Department & Team Support:
Scheduling, planning and helping administer team meetings and retreats – including booking meeting rooms, scheduling time on people’s calendars utilizing Outlook and Google Calendar (bCal), ordering food/beverages, setting up projectors/flipcharts, taking meeting notes, and participating in meetings/discussions. Organizing Annual Giving’s workspace, inventory of marketing materials, and on-site and off-site storage areas/units. Collaborating and cross-training with other Associates in Development & Alumni Relations, and sharing workloads when necessary.
Event Planning & Support:
Developing and executing event invitations and registrations utilizing Convio and TrustEvents, including managing invitation and registration/attendees lists and administering e-mail invitations. Assisting with event preparations (developing and printing nametags, gathering materials), logistics (rentals, vendors, etc.), set-up, day-of registration and close/clean-up. Events include: 7 Dean’s Leadership Donor Breakfasts, 2 Volunteer Retreats, 2 Staff Team Retreats, Senior Gift Campaigns Meetings & Receptions, Haaski Golf Open Steering Committee Meetings & Tournament, MBA Reunion Weekend (Conference, Reunion Dinner & picnic), Cal Homecoming, Haas Gala, and other regional events.
Purchasing, Contracts & Reimbursements:
Making purchases for the Annual Giving Team utilizing the campus purchasing card and system (BluCard via BFS 9.0). Developing purchase orders for rendered services utilizing the campus’ purchasing system (BearBuy), administering payments and auditing/resolving unpaid invoices. Processing travel and entertainment reimbursements for Annual Giving Team utilizing the campus’ reimbursement system (TVS). Ensuring the Annual giving Team is abiding by the campus’ accounting policies and guidelines, and collaborating with accounting to resolve any purchasing, purchase order/contract or travel reimbursement issues.
Interacting in-person and by phone and e-mail with Berkeley-Haas alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, friends, volunteers and donors, including at events and retreats. Acting as the first point of contact for the Annual Giving Team by fielding inquiries to the main Annual Giving phone line (510-642-0727), e-mail address (email@example.com), and walk-ins.
Marketing & Communications:
Managing invitation and registration/attendees lists (CADS/SalesForce, MS Excel), Administering e-mail invitations via Convio; E-Mail and mail merges (MS Word, Outlook); Printing labels & name tags; Modifying websites (TrustEvent, Illustrator, Html)
Campaign & Program Support:
Senior Gift Campaign
Haaski Golf Open
Assist with Supervising Student Workers:
Assist the Director with the supervision of 1-2 “work-study” student workers. Act as lead in hiring, orienting/training, allocating tasks, setting priorities, tracking schedules, and approving timesheets. Work with Director in administering disciplinary action and terminating employment if necessary according to the campus’ policies.
Database, Internet & Online Research:
Research Berkeley-Haas donors on campus donor database (CADS) and on the internet (Google searches, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), and summarize findings in VIP Bios. Help develop and conduct online surveys utilizing SurveyMonkey. Conduct other internet benchmarking research as requested.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in a professional business environment.
• Excellent customer service and inter-personal skills, and ability to serve as the first point of contact for our school to our students, alumni, faculty, volunteers and donors.
• Must be team-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively work with diverse populations, take direction from multiple (up to 6 to 7) supervisors and directors, and collaborate with colleagues, subordinates, and outside vendors.
• Ability to comprehend and ensure proper application of campus policies and guidelines.
• Ability to handle complex data files, mail merges and confidential information with discretion.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent project management skills, including meeting deadlines and responding to inquiries and/or requests in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working in a fast-paced, highly professional and demanding service oriented environment
• Ability to remain current and help with changes to systems, processes and policies.
• Demonstrated record of reliability including excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Willingness to work overtime and/or weekends in order to staff events and retreats.
• Excellent command of contemporary office hardware (computers, printers, projectors, conference phones, etc.) and softwares, especially Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and donor databases (CADS, SalesForce).
• Experience with or ability to process travel reimbursements and purchases/contracts, and work with accounting/financial systems.
• Experience with or ability to administer e-mail blasts, e-mail/mail merges, and print name tags/labels.
• Experience with event planning, and working with volunteers.
• Experience with calendaring software, Outlook and Google Calendar (bCal).
• Experience in an academic environment, particularly annual giving and/or alumni relations.
• Experience with and demonstrated effectiveness in using development-related databases such as Raiser’s Edge and CADS; Proficiency in using database(s) to develop and produce analytical reports and utilize data.
• Training and proficiency in accounting and basic budget tasks, including purchase order creation and preparation of travel and entertainment vouchers.
• Detailed knowledge of University purchasing policies and procedures.
• Experience in event planning, volunteer management, e-mail marketing, online surveys tools, web searches, and creative tools (Illustrator, Html, etc.)
• Supervisory or lead experience, including hiring, training, setting tasks and priorities, and applying corrective supervision is preferred.
• BA/BS Degree preferred
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career position will range from $ 41,448 annually (Step 1) up to $48,576 annually (Step 8) plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time career position that is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
This position requires some evening and/ or weekend work to staff events.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open