Job Title: Director of Social Entrepreneurship #15137
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Institute for Business Innovation, Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: February 14, 2013
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
We are currently recruiting a Director of Social Entrepreneurship.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to possess entrepreneurial experience as well as the thought leadership and program management skills to adequately drive social entrepreneurship (SE) programming for the Lester Center, within the Haas School of Business. This includes managing the student-led Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC), which occurs annually. This individual should be experienced in creating milestones, project deadlines, and working with large teams. An ability to manage meetings in support of the student led teams is essential, as well as an ability to work with a senior program manager within the Lester Center staff. Additionally, this individual should have experience in fundraising, and is required to work with professional development to raise funds for this annual event (both to fund operating and to potentially secure endowment). This individual should also have entrepreneurial experience and be embedded in the SE community in order to represent the Lester Center as a spokesperson, including the ability to interact with media, community leaders, and donors on the topic of the center’s role in SE. This individual also should be an effective collaborator within Haas and across campus on the topic of social entrepreneurship including, but not limited to the Center for Non-Profit and Public Leadership (Haas), The Center for Responsible Business (Haas), and The Blum Center for Developing Economies. This individual should also interact well with faculty on the thought leadership around SE, and similarly collaborate on potential topics for course instruction with faculty. Last, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that opportunities for starting student led business ideas around SE are supported, including acting as a liaison for incubators both within and outside of Haas and a mentor to startups.
Directs and administers an independent program with complete administrative and programmatic responsibility.
Facilitates efforts of various departments, managers and outside constituencies to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration.
Identifies and pursues funding opportunities and revenue streams.
Participates in the program budgeting and accounting processes to support financial infrastructure of program.
Manages financial and HR resources.
Assesses program's effectiveness, and recommends changes to program's content, policies and procedures accordingly.
Serves on committees representing the program, participating in short term and long term planning.
Assists in developing research, participates in professional conferences and provides public relations support.
• A minimum of ten years project management, leadership, and program management experience are required.
• An undergraduate degree and master’s degree in business, policy, or related fields are required.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative, budgetary, human resources and financial principles and practices.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced ability to think creatively and independently on concepts requiring advanced analytical skills.
• Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results.
• Advanced ability to work collaboratively with internal and external peers and managers.
• Highly skilled fundraising experience.
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in the area of Social Entrepreneurship
• Strong thought leadership and program management skills to adequately drive social entrepreneurship (SE) programming for the Lester Center, within the Haas School of Business.
• Demonstrated Project Management Experience including experience in creating milestones, project deadlines, and working with large teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage meetings in support of the student led teams is essential, as well as an ability to work with a senior program manager within the Lester Center staff.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to interact with media, community leaders, and donors on the topic of the center’s role in SE
• Strong ties to the SE community preferred
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, 50% part-time position will be commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is an exempt, 50% part-time, career position and is classified as an Academic Program Management Officer 4. The position requires some domestic travel.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open