Job Title: Advancement Data Services Support Assistant
Title Code: (4722C)
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: April 11, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Development and Alumni Relations department is responsible for all alumni relations and fund raising activities for the Haas School of Business. The Alumni Relations program services nearly 38,000 living alumni and oversees the activities of 26 chapters worldwide, executes high profile alumni events throughout the year, offers lifelong learning and career services and provides online communities. Fund raising includes a wide-range of activities, including student campaigns, the annual fund, major gifts, foundation and corporate relations.
The Advancement Data Services Support Assistant supports the Director of Advancement Services in the Haas School of Business Advancement Services office in the areas of gift and biographical information management and provides administrative support to unit. The assistant will work from Footprints customer request work queue to perform data enrichment services to the Haas School of Business donor/alumni constituents in the CADS Alumni Donor database. The assistant supports the Director and team administratively (i.e. set meetings, prepare and process purchase orders or distribute meeting materials). The assistant serves as back up to the Gifts and Acknowledgement Coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
• As directed, work from data maintenance plan to perform data enrichment services to donor/alumni records. Services include: Email appends, lost alumni research, decease verification, cell and home phone research, employment research and address updates.
• Work from customer queue to perform data research to find lost constituent information
• Verify donor and constituent information with Development and Alumni Relations staff. Perform audits to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
• Coordinate and process data analysis and entry projects; operate and maintain a computer and database system; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists; adhere to system operations.
• Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
• Provide administrative support to Director and Advancement Services team. Schedule meetings and maintain complex calendar. Support meeting logistics such as scheduling rooms, travel time and make copies for supporting materials. Set up A/V as needed.
• Make travel arrangements and prepare travel and entertainment documents.
• Working with Business Services and various vendors prepare purchase requisitions for purchasing services, office supplies and/or software or equipment.
• Maintain confidential files for Director
• Maintain Gift and Donor files for unit
• Prepare correspondence on behalf of Director
Stewardship/Gift Acceptance and Administration Support
• As needed, produce standard and custom acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Prepare policies and procedures as directed by the Director of Advancement Services.
• Serve as back up to the Gift and Acknowledgements Coordinator to enter gifts into the GMM system to be formally accepted and receipted/acknowledged.
• Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
• Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications such as WORD, Excel, Access,and Powerpoint
• Proficient in Visio
• Strong skills in financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data for appropriate posting.
• Demonstrated ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize data entry projects and review work for accuracy.
• Proven ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads.
• Self-starter and self-motivated.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Strong knowledge of operations of a computer, codes and their applications, and generation of reports.
• Working knowledge of ellucian’s Advance Web (CADS) and Raiser’s Edge required.
• Knowledge of relational database systems
• Previous experience working in a Development/Advancement Services role
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Stewardship experience
• Gift Acceptance and policy experience
• Experience in working with vendors to obtain quotes for data integrity services
• Experience in processing contracts with purchasing
• Experience in UCOP DSS (Data Security Standards)
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this fulltime, career position will range between Step 1: $41,448 annually up to Step 8: 48,576 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a fulltime, career position and is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open