Job Title: Assistant Director of Admissions
Job ID: 15480
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: April 12, 2013
This requisition will be closed when filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Full-time MBA Admissions Office recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the Berkeley MBA Program through a highly selective admissions process reviewing approximately 4,000 applications each year from around the world. The assistant director will serve on the Admissions Committee and will review and evaluate applications, and assist in the implementation of recruitment strategy. The assistant director will coordinate projects related to outreach, including our Fall Diversity Workshops, and events throughout the year. The assistant director may also represent the Berkeley MBA program at US and international outreach events.
Plans, manages and implements events to enhance recruitment and yield. May include Super Saturday Interview Days, diversity workshops, and assisting with Days At Haas admitted student weekends.
Plans information sessions, schedules and makes presentations, interviews, and follow-up visits both in the US and internationally.
Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements, prerequisite courses, Haas School of Business programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities.
Assesses academic preparedness of traditional, special-program, and international applicants; evaluates transcripts and international records for eligibility; analyzes academic records for US and international secondary and tertiary institutions.
Assesses applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship; uses professional judgment in reviewing complex applications for admission.
Using extensive knowledge of college/school/department requirements and applicant pool, assesses the applicants' overall record and experience for final admissions determination and recommendation.
Produces special and annual reports, and program evaluations.
Supports Associate Director in managing and maintaining integrity of CRM data for WAVE (Worldwide Admissions Volunteer Effort).
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Thorough knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
• Knowledge and understanding of UC Berkeley and MBA Programs, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
• Knowledge of business school programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with companies, private educational advisors, industry colleagues, community organizations, and other institutions.
• Ability to partner with Associate Directors to develop recruitment programs, including designing effective materials and outreach events that will attract and enroll top candidates to the Full-time MBA Program.
• Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to make and support admission recommendations and decisions in a highly competitive admissions environment and to efficiently review large numbers of applications on time and with solid judgment
• Exceptional interpersonal, public relations, public speaking, oral and written communication skills.
• Master’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience and trainings; knowledge of graduate programs in management
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, fulltime, career position will range from $46,200 annually up to $60,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is an exempt, fulltime, career position which is classified as an Admissions Recruitment Specialist 3, Title Code (4509U) .
This position requires some domestic and international travel.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open