Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions (4510U) #15980
Job ID: 15980
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 19, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Associate Director of Admissions for the MBA Programs for Working Professionals is a critical member of the Admissions team responsible for recruiting, selecting and enrolling MBA students for the Berkeley MBA for Executives program (EMBA). The associate director also manages the planning and implementation of the program’s marketing and admissions activities and will assist with Evening & Weekend MBA (EWMBA) admissions and recruitment, as needed.
Given the executive nature of this program (i.e., students have 12 years of work experience on average), this position requires an experienced and professional candidate.
• Manage the executive MBA application review and selection process.
• Evaluate and select students for the Part-time MBA programs, including reading/reviewing applications for admission and interviewing MBA candidates.
• Sit on the Admissions Committee for Evening & Weekend MBA and EMBA, and make admissions decisions from a selective applicant pool.
• Select and oversee the EMBA Student Admissions Ambassador. Work closely with students and alumni to incorporate them in admissions events and activities.
• Counsel prospective applicants regarding admission requirements,Haas programs, and preparation for MBA study
• Oversee the operational aspects of the EMBA admissions process, making sure deadlines and goals are met.
• Evaluates effectiveness of admissions and/or recruitment programs and makes recommendations for recruitment strategy to enhance yield.
• Oversee the EMBA online application, the admissions website and the admitted student website.
• Collect, analyze and report on admissions statistics throughout the admissions cycle. Maintain historical data.
• Create and manage surveys and other research tools.
• Assist with study group formation of incoming EMBA class.
• Work with Graduate Division and other University departments, as needed.
• Manage the EMBA marketing plan and recruitment strategies, including assigned diversity efforts.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of EMBA recruitment events (e.g., information sessions; panels, etc)
• Develop and manage the corporate marketing plan for EWMBA and EMBA.
• Deliver presentations about the programs and represent the School at admissions activities as well as at corporate/professional organization events.
• Working with the Marketing department, assist with the development of EMBA marketing materials and activities (e.g., the program guide, the Web site, advertising, presentations, emails, etc).
• Maintain a strong knowledge of competitive programs and their offerings
• Guide and oversee EMBA yield activities designed to convert admitted students to enrollees, including class visits, admit receptions, etc.
• Evaluate effectiveness of all recruitment and marketing activities; suggest areas of improvement.
• Provide direction and oversight to admissions managers and administrative staff, as needed.
• Partner with Executive Director and Sr. Associate Director on all aspects of admissions strategy and team management.
• Represent the part-time programs in organizations (e.g., EMBAC conferences) and at various recruitment events (e.g., GMAC Forums).
• Develop and build relationships with program staff, students, alumni, and other Haas staff to further program initiatives.
• Other projects and assignments as necessary for the successful functioning of the part-time and Executive MBA admissions office.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• MBA and corporate experience a plus.
• Willingness to travel (mostly local and Western States)
• At least 3-5 years of marketing experience and/or experience making admissions decisions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available to work some evening and weekends for recruitment events.
• Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, and keen judgment
• Strong analytic skills and ability to interpret and synthesize large volumes of applicant information
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/multiple deadlines
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be an integral member of a team-oriented office.
• Outstanding oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Skills in monitoring/assessing people, processes or services.
• Demonstrated ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
• MBA or equivalent graduate degree
• Experience working in a corporate environment and/or an understanding of a broad variety of industries and functions of MBA applicants.
• Supervisory experience
• Familiarity with MBA programs and admissions selectivity of American and international business schools
• Familiarity and comfort with database systems and software applications
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this fulltime career position will range between $57,000 annually up to $75,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This full-time career position is classified as an Admissions/Recruitment Specialist 4.
The position requires approximately 15% time traveling locally or domestically.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open