Job Title: Program Coordinator (4722C) #15984
Job ID: 15984
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 25, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The MBA Career Management Group is a fast-paced, high performing department within the Haas School of Business. The team provides Evening & Weekend MBAs, Berkeley-Columbia MBAs & MBA Alumni with valuable career search resources and job opportunities while in school and during their lifetimes. The Program Coordinator provides administrative services and referrals for the 900+ part-time Berkeley MBA students and several thousand MBA alumni. Using knowledge of department services, career resources, and career events, the Program Assistant acts as a primary resource for students and alumni (in-person, on-line and on the phone) inquiring about career services.
To learn about the Career Management Group visit: http://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/careers/careercenter.html
• Coordinate the logistics for On-Campus Recruiting trainings (for both full time and internships) and the necessary deliverables required of students. Approximately 200 students are involved in this process.
• Coordinate and promote career center events including webinars workshops, job fairs, conferences and monthly job search teams.
• Schedule and coordinate evening presentations and workshops. Maintain the part-time calendar.
• Host and facilitate all CMG webinars via WebEx.
• Draft program and workshop marketing materials and disseminate to students and alumni through various outlets such as Events@Haas, Chatter, Bay Area Events Bulletin (BAEB), eHAN, newsletters, by phone and email.
• Review and edit workshop and presentation materials to ensure quality control.
Review workshop deliverables and assist students with required workshop pre-work.
• Send evaluations after workshops and webinars and track attendance data. Provide Director with evaluation summaries.
• Attend occasional full-day weekend workshops to coordinate and evaluate workshop quality.
• Assist with coordination of Experienced-Hire Career Fair, i.e., make arrangements for multiple companies and their representatives to participate in the job fair, and help market to students and alumni. Serve as a CMG representative at all events and be knowledgeable of all CMG offerings.
Coordinate the implementation of monthly job search teams and Career eXplorer Groups for students and alumni including gathering required deliverables, scheduling weekly conference calls, and implementing a final evaluation
STUDENT OUTREACH AND 1st RESPONDER
• Serve as the primary contact to the 900+ part-time students and several thousand MBA alumni by email and phone, responding to inquiries on a daily basis including holidays
• Assist with outreach calls to EWMBA students in Dec and April to relay services provided to them, and to encourage employment/salary reporting to be used for Admissions, on-campus recruiting and as a general resource for all EWMBA students.
EXPERIENCED HIRE JOB DEVELOPMENT
Regularly seek out MBA level jobs for the MBA Job Board and make an outreach to companies to learn about their current openings.
• Track advisor appointments for MBA alumni utilization for Alumni office. And schedule advising appointments for alumni weekend reunions.
• Monitor the Student Projects Site to ensure that all postings are current (none older than 30 days).
• Partner with the technology department to investigate new mediums for virtual learning (i.e. Skype, Google Hangouts, Blue Jeans, WebEx, etc.)
• Provide support to Career Management Group: Director, Associate & Assistant Directors, and the Adjunct Advisors,
• Minimum 2 years knowledge and experience in event planning and project management.
• Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills. Excellent interpersonal skills Team oriented: knows when to include others and ask for help.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarly with enterprise software or HR management systems, social media, remote communications tools for individual and group activities
• Extensive experience working in a team environment.
• Track record of delivering services to customers in a timely and accurate manner
• Strong customer service orientation: Experience in a customer service environment; enjoy working with a variety of customers with various needs, including students and employers.
Proven operational and organizational skills:
• Ability to manage several simultaneous activities and to manage in a rapidly changing environment with multiple interruptions
• Ability to adjust priorities to accommodate last-minute changes
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prefer knowledge of career industry, through experience or education, prior work experience with MBAs
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between Step 1: $41,448 annually up to Step 8: $48,576 plus benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This full-time career position is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
This position requires some evening and weekend work.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open