Job Title: Program Coordinator (6297U) #16005
Job ID: 16005
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: Closed 7-12-13
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Haas School's MBA Career Management Group is recruiting a contract Program Coordinator position.
To Learn more about the MBA Career Management Group visit:
Under direct supervision, assists in implementing programs and/or communication strategies designed to inform employers of MBA programs, policies, and practices; constituencies include current and prospective employers, alumni, corporate partners, students from multiple programs, and prospective students.
• Assists employers with planning and executing their MBA recruiting strategies, including working with corporate human resources and alumni representatives to identify appropriate job opportunities, visibility activities, timing, and hiring processes.
• Oversee parking improvement programs and parking for special recruiting events
Provides front-line customer service to campus visitors and answers routine inquiries, including questions received on-line via the internet.
• Greet recruiters upon arrival to campus for presentations and interview dates; provide orientation to and respond to questions about services provided by the CMG.
• Respond to urgent issues with interview scheduling, relying on knowledge of student and recruiter need, interview processes, and online systems.
• Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in responding to recruiter email or phone inquiries in a timely and professional manner. (24 hour response time to recruiter questions)
• Be responsive to student email or phone inquiries (24 hour response time to students)
Assists in preparation of written and visual materials.
• Document and confirm event details, deadlines, and next steps for recruiting partners, the CMG and event venues. Keep all relevant parties informed of changes to event plans.
• Develop materials for recruiting events that may be distributed to student or employer populations (for example, Career Fair information packets)
Provides comprehensive file maintenance.
• Ensure that information regarding employer contacts, activity, and relationship status is published to students in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
Coordinates meeting logistics between institutional and outside constituencies.
• Coordinate logistics for corporate presentations and other events, including location/vendor management, catering, AV, parking, attendance estimates, permits, dates/timing/locations, event publicity. Interview day logistics can include job descriptions, parking, schedule structure, and follow up with recruiters and students.
• Ensure that employers are in contact with caterers in a timely fashion prior to their recruiting events
• Research alternate venues for recruiting events, review preferences with employers, and develop proposals for usage.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Knowledge of basic concepts and principles of building and maintaining effective relations with a variety of constituencies.
• Basic knowledge of the institution, its mission, vision, goals, achievements, policies, and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of corporate recruiting practices, specifically MBA on-and off-campus recruiting processes.
Proven operational and organizational skills:
• Organizational skills including skills to meet prescribed deadlines.
• Event and vendor management experience
• Track record of delivering services to customers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to manage a service facility, including reception activities and vendor management
• Ability to manage several simultaneous activities and to complete work in a chaotic environment with multiple interruptions
• Ability to adjust priorities to accommodate changes and innovations
• Use judgment to identify exceptions, solve problems, and implement solutions
Strong customer service orientation
• Experience in a customer service environment; enjoy working with a variety of customers with various needs, including students and employers.
• Patience and the ability to respond clearly and calmly to demanding customers in person, on the phone, and via email.
Great communication skills
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including tact and political acumen to effectively represent the institution to a variety of constituencies.
• Team oriented
• Knows when to include others and ask for help.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Applicable computer skills, including familiarity with enterprise software, event management systems, personal and group calendaring, and cloud/collaboration software such as Google Docs.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this fulltime contract position will range from $3,175 per month up to $4716.66 per month.
This position is classified as an External Relations Specialist 1. This is a fulltime contract position that we anticipate will last between 4 - 6 months, with the possibility of renewal up to one year.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open