Job Title:Business/Technical Support Analyst (7558U) #16244
Job ID: 16244
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: July 17, 2013
Enterprise Computing & Services Management’s (ECSM) Technical Services group provides technical support for Faculty, Staff and Students at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley.
The Technical Services Unit is responsible for supporting the computing needs of Haas’ faculty, PhD candidates and staff personnel. This position will directly support these users with the operation, maintenance and upgrade of their computing equipment within Haas’ technical environment.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
* Diagnose and repair hardware component failures, system software conflicts and issues.
* Diagnose and resolve network connectivity issues.
* Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains a broad range of computer hardware and software products including but not limited to: MS Exchange Email/Messaging System, Cisco VPN, Anti-virus programs, UCBackup, Google Apps, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, Cisco WebEx and Adobe Connect,
* Install, upgrade, relocate and perform file & data transfers between old and new workstations.
* Assist with procuring replacement equipment and upgrading systems as needed or per request.
* Provide Windows and Apple Mac support, including printing to network printers.
* Support smartphone devices.
* Assist with the management of department’s Help Desk operations.
* Training and mentor junior staff, including student and seasonal consultants.
* Develop and maintain technical support and training documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• 2 to 4 years of experience in a technical environment or similarly related field
• Experience with administering Windows OS (8, 7, Vista, XP)and Apple Mac OS 10.6+
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical users and for making
• Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
• Experience operating a technical support Help Desk, including but not limited to, fielding and assigning
customer requests, workflow management and job prioritization.
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills: ability to prioritize work requests and help desk
assignments to ensure the most efficient means of addressing customer issues and accomplishing unit
goals. Ability to assess a situation in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Active Directory, Win Registry, Group Policies, Terminal Services and VB scripting
• UNIX/LINUX experience
• Experience with MS Exchange
• Certification: Microsoft MCSE or MCSA
• Experience with supporting academic and administrative personnel.
• Familiar with a variety of technical concepts, practices and procedures.
• Smartphone and PDA support.
• Ability to multitask in a frequently fast-paced environment and in support of a user group with high
service level expectations.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet project or deliverable deadlines. Performs a variety of
complicated tasks with little supervision.
• Working knowledge of the following programs, applications, languages and operating systems: SSH,
TCP/IP, Dreamweaver, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, Exceed, Symantec Firewall/Antivirus, MS
Office Suite, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS 10.6+.
• Familiar with data storage concepts and devices.
• Experience with software imaging tools.
• Experience with data recovery.
• Experience Tracking, monitoring and documenting issues and assignments to ensure a timely and
• Experience with computer equipment salvage procedures and regulations.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career position will range up to $54,500 plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This full-time career position is classified as a Business/Technical Support Analyst 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open