Job Title: Reader - Haas Fulltime MBA Admissions Office (4508U) #16286
Job ID: 16286
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The Haas School’s Full-time MBA Admissions Office recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the Berkeley MBA Program through a highly selective admissions process reviewing approximately 4,000 applications each year from around the world.
We are recruiting up to four Readers to assist the Haas School Admissions Committee in reading and evaluating applications for admission to the Full-time MBA Program.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
• Read and evaluate approximately 20-40 applications/week.
• Review applicants’ undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts, resume and work experience, essays, letters of recommendations, and standardized test scores.
• Summarize applicants’ strengths and weaknesses and provide input on applicant’s candidacy in relation to the applicant pool.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information.
• Ability to read between 20-30 hours each week, with a commitment to work from September 2013 through April 2014
• Higher education admissions experience or business experience typical of an MBA graduate.
• An MBA or other master’s degree.
Salary & Benefits
The salary is $25.00 per hour.
• This is a Limited Term (900 Hour Maximum) 49% variable Part-time position which is classified as an Admissions/Recruitment Specialist 2.
• Up to 4 reader positions available.
• Must be available for two all-day training sessions on October 7 and 8, 2013.
• Must be available for 4-5 training and debrief sessions on-site throughout the reading cycle.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open