Job Title: Admissions Specialist (4508U) #16409
Job ID: 16409
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: August 16, 2013.
Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The Haas School's Full-time MBA Admissions office are recruiting two part-time Contract Admissions Specialists. One position has a duration of eight months, the other has a ten month duration. Both positions are 32 hours per week.
The Admissions Specialist assesses and prepares MBA applications for review, helps advise and train seasonal application processors and work-study students, and works to problem-solve applicant and admission problems as they arise. The position also provides customer service and counsel to prospective MBA students and assists the Admissions Manager with admissions and recruitment events and projects.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Admissions and Application Processing
• Conduct preliminary assessment of academic records and credentials; ensure applications meet standards for review. Communicate with applicants and UC Berkeley departments as necessary on questionable and problematic cases.
• Prepare application files for reader evaluation by organizing materials, reviewing for completion, documenting the results in the database, and notifying the applicant of any missing materials.
• Prioritize and coordinate the processing of files based on standards set by the operations manager and admissions committee.
• Provide data entry and database support, including entering decisions
• Prepare admitted applicant files for Graduate Division approval
• Other projects as assigned.
Advising and Recruiting
• Provide information about UC Berkeley and the Full-time MBA program one-on-one and to groups. Counsel prospective students on admissions requirements and criteria, university standards of scholarship preparation for MBA study, recruitment events, and visiting Haas.
• Coordinate and conduct various online yield and recruitment activities such as webinars and chats.
• Advise admitted applicants on pre-enrollment matters (both academic and non-academic) and refer them to the appropriate resource, if necessary.
• Plan, coordinate, participate in, and/or provide administrative support to recruiting events and activities as necessary.
Admissions/ Recruitment Project Support
• Assist in coordinating admissions and recruitment development projects as needed
• Planned projects for this year may include:
o Marketing automation using Salesforce and Hubspot to communicate more effectively with prospects, applicants and admitted students.
o Screening and evaluating application essays for originality using Turnitin.
o Assisting with online file management and distribution using ImageNow and local databases.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Related or administrative work experience
• Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
• Working knowledge of MBA admissions requirements for campus/school/college.
• Related administrative experience
• A high competency with technology including Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word), Internet and email. Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, Turnitin or ImageNow is a plus.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
• Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
• Experience reviewing and evaluating international and domestic transcripts preferred.
• Working knowledge of UC Berkeley, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective applicants and the public.
• Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs at UC Berkeley.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between $20.11 per hour up to $23 per hour
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open