Job Title: Gift and Data Assistant
Job ID: 16764
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: October 16, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Gift and Data Assistant is part of the Advancement Services team in the Development and Alumni Relations unit of the Haas School of Business. The assistant performs all duties related to the processing of gift and biographical information to the Haas School of Business.
The position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
• As directed, work from data maintenance plan to perform data enrichment services to donor/alumni records. Services include: Email appends, lost alumni research, decease verification, cell and home phone research, employment research and address updates
• Work from customer queue (Footprints) to perform data research to find lost constituent information
• Verify donor and constituent information with Development and Alumni Relations staff. Perform audits to ensure data accuracy and completeness
• Coordinate and process data analysis and entry projects; operate and maintain a computer and database system; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists; adhere to system operations
• Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available
• Batch and oversee the delivery of all gifts/pledge materials to University Relations that are mailed directly to the Haas School of Business Development & Alumni Relations team or the Haas Centers.
• Process gifts using the Gift Management Module (GMM) – an online form, and deposit any live checks to the Cashier’s office. Prepare deposit for courier pickup
• Respond to requests for gift/pledge information from staff and donors. Contact Development Officers and fundraisers, departments and donors for more information on gifts as appropriate
• Maintain donor files – individual 1000+ and alpha
• Run gift reports from CADS for Annual Fund team – to have up-to-date data of fundraising totals
• Regularly meet with Database Analyst (Advancement Services) to ensure that all gifts are correctly entered and processed into CADS for acknowledgements
• Coordinate any corrections to CADS using URSA for University Relations to track progress and Footprints for (DAR – Advancement Services) University Relations response
• Communicate any backlog of gift processing immediately to supervisor or team lead
• Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications such as WORD, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint
• Proficient in Visio
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques
• Oral and written communications skills
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to analyze data for appropriate posting
• Learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly
• Prioritize data entry projects and review work for accuracy
• Complete tasks in a timely manner
• Working on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic environment
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Working in a team environment
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Research skills using LinkedIn, White Pages and/or other internet search tools
• CADS / Advance Web
• Operation of a computer, codes and their applications, and generation of reports
• Working knowledge of ellucian’s Advance Web (CADS)
• Knowledge of relational database systems
• Previous experience working in a Development/Advancement Services role
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Stewardship experience
• Gift Acceptance and policy experience
• Experience in the UC Berkeley – University Relations Gift Management Module - GMM process
• Experience in UCOP DSS (Data Security Standards)
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience or training
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career position will range up to Step 8: $50,028 plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This fulltime career position is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open