Job Title: Applications Programmer
Job ID: 16766
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 17, 2013.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Haas School's Enterprise Computing and Service Management office (ECSM) are recruiting an Applications Programmer.
The Applications Programmer position involves design, development, and maintenance of two SalesForce instances and design, development, and maintenance of websites that interact with SalesForce, SQL Server, and other third-party systems.
Continue customization and administration of 2 complex SalesForce instances including the following:
• Create and maintain custom apps, objects, record types, page layouts, and user profiles.
• Design and implement enhancements including the creation of custom objects, Apex classes, Triggers, VisualForce, workflows, email alerts and templates.
• Design, develop and maintain in-house Apex code and AppExchange apps.
• Design, develop and maintain complex integration with multiple SQL server databases.
• Perform system administration roles such as maintaining multiple user roles, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
• Develop and maintain complex reports and dashboards.
• Load data using Demand Tools and PeopleImport.
• De-dup and clean data.
• Develop and maintain MS SQL Server SSIS packages used to transfer data to and from third parties.
• Develop and maintain complex SQL code to transfer data to SalesForce and web applications using MS SQL Server.
• Develop, document, test, and debug new Web applications in Microsoft MVC.
• Provide maintenance for the Web applications in production including those written in Microsoft .Net and SilverLight.
• Develop and maintain reports using MS Reporting Services.
• Provide maintenance for legacy applications created in MS Access.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Proficiency on Salesforce.com platform including APEX, Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, workflows, triggers, and templates.
• Proficiency with Salesforce.com development including custom objects, Apex Classes, Triggers, VisualForce pages.
• Experience in promoting code from sandboxes to production environment.
• Experience with technologies that work with Salesforce such as Java Script.
• Experience with Enterprise Integration tools (ETL), Microsoft SSIS and DBAmp preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience working with complicated data models and developing complex stored procedures and functions.
• At least 3 years of experience developing database-driven applications using MVC, ASP.NET, C# and SQL.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues, solutions and resolve issues.
• Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
• In addition to the requirements, strong preference is given to candidates with substantial Microsoft SQL Server development experience and Microsoft .NET and Silverlight experience. Familiarity with XML, HTML, CSS and ColdFusion is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between $57,000 annually up to $90,000 plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open