Job Title: Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Content Marketing & Rankings (7477U) #17156
Job ID: 17156
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: January 3, 2014 and continuously until the position is filled.
The Office of Marketing and Communications designs and implements a comprehensive, unified marketing and communications effort for the Haas School of Business and its degree and non-degree instructional programs, research centers, public service activities, and external relations activities. The Office is responsible for managing the Haas School/UC Berkeley "brand" image by providing strategic marketing and communications advice and planning to the Dean, senior executives, program directors, other senior staff and faculty throughout the School. The Office is also responsible for developing and managing a broad range of initiatives in marketing, communications (print, audio, video, and web-based), media relations, and community relations to promote greater external understanding and recognition of the Haas School’s contributions.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Content Marketing & Rankings, independently develops, oversees, and implements comprehensive, multidisciplinary marketing and communications programs for the Haas School, including the academic degree programs -- Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA Programs, Master of Financial Engineering, Undergraduate, and PhD -- the school’s research centers and institutes, external relations units, and others as determined by the Deputy Director and Executive Director. Original conceptualizing and writing of material is an essential part of this position, so are analyzing and understanding the market and environment in which the marketing communications programs are being deployed. This position requires expertise in developing and delivering marketing messages through a variety of communication channels, including online, print, social media, oral presentations, and advertising. Additional elements of the position include leveraging Berkeley-Haas marketing and culture-related content in briefings and talking points for senior leadership as well as assisting in the gathering, reviewing, and analyzing of data and marketing information for popular rankings and guidebooks. The incumbent must understand and be able to effectively manage various media as well as the design, planning, and production requirements for each. Overall emphasis will be on analyzing, creating, maintaining, and updating informational materials that achieve the marketing and communication goals of the Haas School. The position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications.
The incumbent works with management to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and campaigns. The position is responsible for hiring and managing of multiple vendors, and manages production schedules for online, print, advertising and social media campaigns and updates content for Haas programs and clients as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• A minimum of five years experience.
• Experience in more than one communications discipline.
• Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively direct technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications.
• Knowledge of the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education. Deep knowledge of the Haas School’s strategic priorities.
• Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic marketing communications plans.
• Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to target and/or broad general audiences.
• Demonstrated strong writing and editing abilities in the English language, with strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening skills and political acumen.
• Knowledge of campus protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
• Experience publishing materials on the web and some understanding of web technology, social media, and online advertising.
• Experience with print publications, including working with designers and printers.
• Ability to creatively adapt the marketing and information needs of the Haas School to the web, print, social media, advertising, and multimedia.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work effectively in teams.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career position will range between $57,000 annually up to $74,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open