Job Title: Programs Manager
Job ID: 17272
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: January 27, 2014
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Programs Manager for the MBA Programs for Working Professionals office is responsible for a broad range of activities that support students, staff and faculty at the Haas School of Business. This position is service and student oriented, with the primary goal to ensure that Evening & Weekend MBA and MBA for Executives students receive excellent curricular support and superior student service. Major areas of responsibility are event planning, student services, communications, database maintenance and other administrative duties as needed.
Serve as key contact for about 750 Evening/Weekend MBA Students and 140 MBA for Executives Students. Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, MBA program staff and other campus offices regarding program requirements and requests for assistance. Communicate regularly with students and faculty regarding program updates, events, scheduling and other matters of importance. Applies professional Student Services concepts in providing a variety of student services to the student population served by the office.
* Assist Program Directors in developing strategic initiatives and ideas to enhance the student experience, both inside and outside of the classroom.
* Assist with the Evening & Weekend MBA and MBA for Executives Student Associations in the development and execution of the organizations’ goals.
Within a department, provides student services in the following areas:
* International Exchange Programs: Coordinate information sessions, manage selection process, and handle logistics for our international exchange programs.
* Responsible for the regular communication to students, including weekly program updates. Coordinate with other Student Experience staff members and students to write and edit articles.
* Respond to Inquiries: Serve as a key resource regarding UC Berkeley systems including course information and updates, billing and registration. Answer questions from current students, faculty, and other Haas units regarding program requirements and other requests for assistance.
* Assist with the management of student enrollment through the Online Registrar system, including bidding and the waitlist process.
* Oversee relationship with Bus/Shuttle company, which transports students to and from South Bay and other Bay Area locations.
* Serve as main contact with UC Berkeley Parking office.
Academic Advising: Provides advice and assistance to students on academic and degree progress and major requirements; assists students in determining a major, alternative academic options, resolve scheduling conflicts, and similar issues.
* New Student Orientation: Work with other program staff in the planning and implementation of the New Student Orientations.
* Work with other program staff to develop ways to improve currently offered events and also develop new and exciting activities to enhance the student experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
* EWMBA Mid-Program Academic Retreat (MPAR): Assist in the planning and implementation of MPAR.
* Commencement: Lead in the planning and coordination of the graduation ceremony for EWMBA students and MBA for Executives students.
* Oversee relationships with vendors who provide catering for MBA for Executives and EWMBA programs.
* Database Maintenance: Maintain and upgrade all student databases and generate reports accordingly.
* Web Development: Serve, with other program staff as the webmasters for the EWMBA and MBA for Executives Programs. Maintain and update “Current Student” and the newly “Admitted” web pages.
* Course Material: Responsible for working with faculty and Academic Affairs staff in acquiring course titles and working with book vendors to coordinate book orders for each class.
• Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
• Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
• Understanding of University rules and regulations.
• Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
• Previous work experience in student services
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communications skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Knowledge of HTML and Web Design/Maintenance
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends with occasional travel
Master's Degree preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career position will range up to $52,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position requires evening and weekend work and occasional local or domestic travel.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open