Job Title: Project Manager, MBA Career Management Group (7397U) #18087
Job ID: 18087
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 27, 2014
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
We are recruiting a Project Manager for our MBA Career Management Group. Please visit http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/groups/careercenter/index.html to learn about this department.
• Applies professional concepts to perform analysis of data and systems pertaining to moderately complex projects, policies and/or processes and functions. Examples:
• Creates highly relevant consumer insight surveys to effectively analyze the value-add of all programs…webinars, workshops, career fairs, advising.
• Identifies industry specific training programs for students looking to transition into other fields, i.e., finance, entrepreneurship, consulting, VC based on student feedback analysis.
• Project Lead for Career Services team for continual redevelopment of Resources section in the MBA student intranet (CareerNet).
• Gathers and assembles analytical and factual data on assigned problems and issues. Contacts internal staff at all organizational levels to gather information. Prepares reports and/or analysis summarizing information on the assigned issues and commenting on other significance for internal department constituents. Examples:
• Career Services Team Lead with MBAFocus, Associate Director of MBA Alumni Career Services, and Alumni Online Systems Manager to create a management system for alumni using the CareerNet module with shared services and resources that include an interface for career events, resources, workshops, advising, and mock interviews.
• Streamlined and institutionalized annual ESL class offerings to all MBA students for more efficient and regular resources.
Prepares, edits and modifies documents including research reports, manuscripts, presentations and proposals. Compiles data, statistics and other information for meetings and presentations. Collects and prepares information for use in discussions, meetings of high level management and external constituents. On a project basis, performs analytical studies on a variety of policies, programs and issues. Assists in administrative policy and program planning and development. Examples:
• Continual employment reporting including: outreach calls to 250 students; compilation, analysis, and creation of EWMBA offer reports
• Annual update of EWMBA roadmap, creation of BCEMBA roadmap
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications’ to unify online material to reflect Haas’ school-wide strategies.
• Edit communications and publications, both online and in print.
• Update alumni career web site to increase usability and promote services and resources targeted to MBA alumni.
• Provide content for EWMBA New Admit site to focus incoming students on their
• End-to-end user experience analysis includes planning phase, smooth rollout initiatives, creating relevant FAQs based on unique user needs, and providing stellar customer service to users to gather data for future enhancement cycles .
• Experienced-Hire Jobs eNewsletter—prepares and sends multiple times/week
• Provide primary backup support to careers@haas email alias for all part-time MBA students and Haas alumni, identifying issues through the trends and initiating organizational responses when necessary
• Works on the WP and Alumni programming—webinars and workshops
• Also large networking events
• Makes outreach calls to our EWMBA students
• OCR tracking
• Use Berkeley Financial Systems and policies.
People Management Examples:
• Supervise and train multiple work study students. Plan and delegate workflow on behalf of EWMBA, BCEMBA, and alumni career staff. Cross-train full-time MBA student workers and assign additional work as needed
• Participate in interview process led by Operations Manager to select new students.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Experience in MS Outlook, HTML, Dreamweaver, Camtasia, WebEx, CareerNet, CampusGroups, ConstantContactAdobe PageMaker (or equivalents).
• Understanding of part-time and executive MBA programs and competitive programs in the marketplace
• Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs. Ability to understand and project manage web site development, including user interface, design, and HTML.
• Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns, particularly with high-profile constituents such as alumni donors and recruiters.
• Thorough grasp of the difference of marketing and communications tailored to the web and its impact on usability.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
• Solid ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
• Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
• Working skills to analyze information and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time Project Policy Analyst 2 position will range between $43,300 annually up to $66,100 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open