Job Title: Advancement Data Services Support Associate (4722C) #18090
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 27, 2014
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Advancement Data Services Support Associate supports the Director of Advancement Services in the Haas School of Business Advancement Services office in the areas of gift and biographical information management and provides administrative support to the unit. This Associate works from Footprints customer request work queue to perform data enrichment services to the Haas School of Business donor/alumni constituents in the Campus Advancement Data System (CADS) Alumni Donor database. S/he supports the director and team administratively (i.e. set meetings, prepare and process purchase orders or distribute meeting materials) and serves as back up to the Gifts and Acknowledgement Coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
• As directed, work from data maintenance plan to perform data enrichment services to donor/alumni records. Services include: Email appends, lost alumni research, decease verification, cell and home phone research, employment research and address updates.
• Work from customer queue to perform data research to find lost constituent information
• Verify donor and constituent information with Development and Alumni Relations staff. Perform audits to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
• Coordinate and process data analysis and entry projects; operate and maintain a computer and database system; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists; adhere to system operations.
• Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
• Provide administrative support to Director and Advancement Services team. Schedule meetings and maintain complex calendar. Support meeting logistics such as scheduling rooms, travel time and make copies for supporting materials. Set up A/V as needed.
• Make travel arrangements and prepare travel and entertainment documents.
• Working with Business Services and various vendors prepare purchase requisitions for purchasing services, office supplies and/or software or equipment.
• Maintain confidential files for Director
• Maintain Gift and Donor files for unit
• Prepare correspondence on behalf of Director
Stewardship/Gift Acceptance and Administration Support:
• As needed, produce standard and custom acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Prepare policies and procedures as directed by the Director of Advancement Services.
• Serve as back up to the Gift and Acknowledgements Coordinator to enter gifts into the GMM system to be formally accepted and receipted/acknowledged.
• Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
• Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications such as WORD, Excel, Access,and Powerpoint
• Proficient in Visio
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Strong Oral and written communications skills. I
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Analyze data for appropriate posting.
• Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
• Ability to prioritize data entry projects and review work for accuracy.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads.
• Self-starter and self-motivated.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operation of a computer, codes and their applications, and generation of reports.
• Working knowledge of ellucian’s Advance Web (CADS) and Raiser’s Edge required.
• Knowledge of relational database systems
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Stewardship experience
• Gift Acceptance and policy experience
• Experience working with vendors to obtain quotes for data integrity services
• Experience in processing contracts with purchasing
• Experience in UCOP DSS (Data Security Standards)
• CADS Advance Web
• Previous experience working in a Development/Advancement Services role
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this (_) Assistant III, fulltime position will range up to Step 8, $51,528 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open