March 11, 2010
Haas School of Business Media Contact:
The Energy Institute at Haas presents the 15th Annual POWER Conference on Energy Research and Policy
This year's POWER conference, sponsored by the University of California, Berkeley's Haas School of Business, brings together outstanding scholars and energy practitioners to exchange ideas and research results on these topics:
- Energy Efficiency Programs and Evaluation
- Consumer Response to Retail Electricity Pricing
- Integrating Renewables into the Grid
- Cap and Trade Programs for Controlling Greenhouse Gas Emissions
See the complete agenda: http://ei.haas.berkeley.edu/power.html
The conference will feature a keynote speech, "Electricity Policy for America: Enabling a Smart Grid, End to End" by Mason Willrich, senior advisor, MIT Energy Innovation Project, chair, California ISO Board of Governors, and director of the California Clean Energy Fund.
Thursday, March 18, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Chevron Auditorium, International House
University of California, Berkeley
2299 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Dora Costa and Matthew Kahn (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Marvin Horowitz (Demand Research LLC)
- Koichiro Ito (Energy Institute at Haas)
- Frank Wolak (Stanford University)
- James Bushnell (Iowa State University)
- Judy Chang, Kathleen Spees and Jurgen Weiss (The Brattle Group)
- Meredith Fowlie (University of California, Berkeley, Agricultural and Resource Economics)
- James Bushnell (Iowa State University), Erin Mansur (Yale University) and Howard Chong (Energy Institute at Haas)
The Energy Institute (EI) at Haas, housed at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, seeks to develop viable energy practices and policy in the marketplace.
Reporters wishing to attend: please contact Haas Media Relations for credentialing.