April 5, 2011
Social Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Corporate Responsibility Intersect at UC Berkeley's Global Social Venture Competition & Conference
The Lester Center for Entrepreneurship and the Center for Responsible Business at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, are hosting two special events:
- The 12th Annual Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) Finals
Founded by MBA students at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, the GSVC has evolved into a global network supported by an international community of volunteer judges, mentors and student organizers and a partnership of premier business schools in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Ideas to Impact (121) Conference
Join active and aspiring social entrepreneurs, double-bottom-line business leaders, and GSVC entrants to take ideas into action in one collaborative, hands-on event. Featuring fast talks, demos, pitch sessions, and workshops, this is the conference for people pushing change.
- GSVC Finals Competition: Thursday and Friday, April 7 and 8, 2011
- Ideas to Impact Conference: Saturday, April 9, 2011
WHERE (All events take place at UC Berkeley.)
- April 7 Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Finalists Presentations: Faculty Club, Seaborg Room
- April 8 Global Finalists Presentations: Haas School of Business, Andersen Auditorium
- April 8 Awards Dinner: International House
- April 9 Ideas to Impact Conference: Haas School of Business, Andersen Auditorium
16 global finalist teams were selected from 850 entries and represent nine countries, including Bangladesh, France, South Africa, Thailand, and the United States. Dinner keynote speaker is Maura O’Neill (Berkeley-Columbia MBA 2004), Chief Innovation Officer, U.S. Agency for International Development.
Ideas to Impact Speakers:
- Keynote speaker Ted London, a leading expert on the intersection of entrepreneurship and the base of the pyramid (BoP), and professor at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business
- Kirsten Tobey (MBA 2006), co-founder of Revolution Foods (2007 GSVC Grand Prize Winner)
- Chuck Slaughter, founder and president, Living Goods