Every student and alumni interaction fosters an invested community and culture of mutual support. Interactions through the Berkeley Haas network help students and alumni leverage their Haas education for better jobs and more satisfying careers and enables alumni to find an inspiring source of new ideas—and potential employees.
Please consider these best practices that strengthen our Berkeley Haas community.
Students—Seek Out Alumni and Employed Student Connections
- Join our Berkeley Haas Alumni Group of 16,000 Haas alumni on LinkedIn. And review our list of LinkedIn Affinity Subgroups.
- Tap into the @cal Alumni Directory of 37,000 Haas alumni and students, and 450,000 UC Berkeley alumni.
- Learn to use @cal and LinkedIn together.
- Attend alumni chapter events in the Bay Area and wherever you may travel. Thinking of moving upon graduation? Our local volunteer repswould love to connect with you.
- Promote your conferences and student-led events to your Berkeley Haas alumni population.
- Explore social networking opportunities within the Haas community.
- Make your gift to the Haas Annual Fund.
Alumni—Reach Out to Students
- ‘Take the call’ when a student or alum seeks information.
- Network with students who attend alumni events.
- Keep your @cal profile updated, so students can contact you. And display your email address.
- Attend MBA student led conferences and support graduate clubs and undergraduate clubs and fraternities.
- Help your local alumni chapter organize events that connect with students.
- Post a project for students to tackle at your company.
- Become an FTMBA Admissions volunteer and help attract the brightest new students.
- Hire Haas!
For more information, please contact Meg Roundy, Associate Director, Student-Alumni Relations.