The “Berkeley Haas” Way of Networking
Networking is about creating a community of tight and loose connections and growing social capital. It is about building personal and business relationships that create support and opportunities.
Strengthen Your Links—Tips for turning a select subset of network links from weak connections to strong bonds.
Give more than you get…
- Help someone else at an event
- Connect someone to someone else that can assist them
- Take the call.
Good networking questions to ask:
- What are your biggest business challenges currently?
- How can I be helpful to you? I may know someone you should contact.
- Is there anyone you suggest I talk to about [insert your own business or personal challenge]?
Finding a coach or a mentor is a very personal process. Are you looking for someone who has had a similar career trajectory? Or, are you switching careers or industries, and need to source the best connection as you make this transition?