Applications are reviewed for admission and decisions are released on a rolling basis. Due to space limitations, early applications are encouraged. We will evaluate your application on the basis of the overall strength of your academic record, extracurricular experiences, and career goals.
The ideal participant in the BASE Program is a student who will have recently completed his or her sophomore, junior or senior year, or has graduated within the last two years from an undergraduate institution. We also encourage current freshmen who are completing their first year of university with strong academic performance to apply.
If English is not the official language spoken in your country and your native language in not English, you must submit official evidence of English language proficiency (TOEFL or the IELTS examination score).
- Application: CURRENTLY OPEN at https://haasug.berkeley.edu/apply/ Please click on “Create an account” under First-time users to create an account and start your BASE application.
- First application deadline: March 31, 2022
- Second application deadline: Closing Soon (Apply ASAP)
- Instruction begins: July 5 2022
- Instruction ends: August 12, 2022
Program Costs for BASE
The program cost for BASE 2022 is $10,000.
This program fee covers:
- All tuition costs
- All course readers
- All workshops