Fall 2022 Robert Powell Political Economy Seminar Information:
Time and place: Mondays 12:30 to 2:00 PM in 223 Moses Hall and virtually (if noted under individual seminar date). If virtual, the Zoom links to virtual seminars will be sent via email closer to the seminar date. To be added to the PE Seminar Mailing List, please contact Kristie Dinh.
Robert Powell Political Economy Seminar
The Robert Powell Political Economy Seminar focuses on formal and quantitative work in the political economy field, including formal political theory.
- August 29: Tara Slough (NYU)
- September 12: Alessandra Fenizia (GWU)
- September 26: Sarah Moshary (Berkeley)
- Topic: “Market Structure and Political Influence in the Auto Retail Industry”
- October 3: Martin Fiszbein (Boston U)
- Topic: “Frontier Gender Norms: History and Legacy”
- October 10: Suresh Naidu (Columbia), Joint w/ Economic History Seminar
- Topic: “Compensate the Losers? Economic Policy and Partisan Realignment in the US”
- October 24: Nico Voigtländer (UCLA), Joint w/ Economic History Seminar – Note change in time and place: 639 Evans Hall, 2-3:30 PM
- Topic: “Organizing a Kingdom”
- November 7: Milena Djourelova (U Chicago)
- November 21: Brian Knight (Brown)
- December 5: Thomas Palfrey (Caltech)
- Topic: “Organizing for Collective Action: Olson Revisited”
Fall 2022 Political Economy Research Lunch (PERL) Seminar Information:
This seminar is currently canceled.
PERL is an opportunity for Ph.D. students to present work in progress and receive valuable feedback from faculty and peers. PERL is sponsored by the Berkeley Center for Economics and Politics