Applications for Summer 2019 will be available online December 2018
- Complete 2019 Online Application in English
- Write an essay in English* (600 – 750 words, 1.5-spaced, 12-point type) that answers all of these questions:
- How do you define critical thinking? Provide a personal exapmple that is reflective of how you use critical thinking in effective learning and productive living.
- What are some of the issues that arise in today’s corporate organizations? How important has technology become to organizations remedying one of these issues?
- Consider a situation when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What influenced your views? What was the end result? Answer should reflect questioning the Status Quo and Student Always.
- Why do you want to attend the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth high school critical thinking/case study session? What do you hope to gain by participating?
- Attach or send by mail two teacher recommendations.
- Attach or send by mail a transcript including grades from the past two years (can be an unofficial transcript).
* If English is not your native language, please write one paragraph describing your English educational background and experience.
Mailing address for supporting documents
The B-BAY Program Office
Haas School of Business
S545 Student Services Bldg. #1900
Berkeley, CA 94720
You must provide a record of immunizations according to California immunization regulations prior to attending the program
A non-refundable $75 application fee must accompany the completed application. Applications submitted without payment will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
We encourage you to apply prior to the application deadline as applications are reviewed on and applicants accepted on a rolling basis.
The admissions team looks for academically motivated, mature students who are interested in attending B-BAY because they want to develop their knowledge of business, want to learn how to think critically or have a passion for business. The application and accompanying materials should convey and communicate your level of maturity and motivation.
You may be asked to interview with a member of the Admissions Committee to determine admission to the program.
When we receive your complete application (application form, essay, all supplemental materials, and the application fee), you will be notified by e-mail. An admissions decision will be made and e-mailed to you within two weeks.
Enrolling: Students admitted into the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth have 10 days (weekends included) from your acceptance date to enroll online and pay the program fees. You are not enrolled until full payment is received.
Next: International Students