Connecting and networking with others is the foundation to gaining a deeper understanding of the types of roles and industries of interest to MBAs.
As you have career conversations with alumni, peers, and others you will gain insight into what is important to you in a role, a company, and a mission/cause and how that aligns with your vision of meaningful and rewarding work.
These resources will help you get organized for effective use of your time with connections and potential employers.
- Clarifying Your Networking Goals
- Review Career Conversations in the Career Labs
- Sample Networking Questions
- Networking and Application Tracker
Identifying your Network
Connecting with current students and alumni is one of the best ways to gather information during your search. We recommend tapping into your Haas network early and often by connecting with current and former students in all programs.
Current Students: EWMBA, FTMBA, and EMBA
- Online Haas Student Directory – Searchable by company, industry, and function
- Campus Groups – Find industry-specific clubs at Haas that align with your interests
- Student Networking Lists – Links to spreadsheets indicating where students worked prior to Haas, while at Haas, for their summer internships, and after Haas
- Reciprocity with other business schools – We have reciprocity agreements with peer schools such as UCLA, Stern, Columbia, Chicago Booth, Wharton, UT Austin and Harvard, amongst others. Visits need to be made in person. Please contact us for more information.
- Email Tips for Networking with Alumni
- @Cal Alumni Directory – Directory of all Cal Alumni; great for finding direct contact information
- Berkeley Haas Alumni groups on LinkedIn – Haas Alumni groups help you connect with thousands of Haas Alumni, affinity groups, and Alumni Chapters all over the world
- Three Steps to Connect with your Berkeley Haas Community
Networking on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a powerful networking tool. Learn more about how to update your LinkedIn profile, tap into all your networks, and do some research to support your job search.
Where to Network
These resources are a great way to meet people in various MBA affinity groups or those who have interests similar to yours.
- Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders
- AsianMBA International
- Forté Foundation
- MBA Veterans Network
- MeetUp.com – resource for finding local people with similar interests who regularly meet about a topic
- MIT Asian Career Fair
- National Association of Women MBAs
- National Black MBA Association
- Net Impact
- Reaching Out MBA
- Southeast Asia MBA Weekend