CMG recognizes the impact of systemic racism in the hiring process and work to provide our URM students with access to opportunities, early and often. We look at career development through a racial justice lens.
- CMG partners with the Race Inclusion Initiative and student clubs to provide a URM Resume Book to our employers and host an annual URM Networking Night with top employers in the fall semester.
- We provide dedicated support to students attending diversity conferences to connect with companies and expand their networks.
- BBSA: Working on your “Plan B” 2.18.21 – Slide Deck
- LBC: Harnessing Your LatinX Identity for Your Career 3.17.21 – Recording, Slide deck & Latinx Alumni Consejos (Advice)
- Black Business Student Association (BBSA) – a Haas club committed to enriching the academic, professional, and social experience of Haas students interested in the African Diaspora.
- Race Inclusion Initiative – a student-run group that seeks to understand and improve the Haas experience for students in the FTMBA program by conducting qualitative and quantitative research on the admissions process, the classroom environment, and student culture as it relates to underrepresented minorities (URM).
Haas LinkedIn Groups
- African American Student Development Office – academic, social-emotional, professional development, community, and cultural support center for students of African/Black ancestry
- University Health Services – Black Lives Matter – mental health resources for Black and African-American students
- Multicultural Community Center – facilitates students’ greater involvement in multicultural-related education, collaborations, and cross/inter-cultural community building.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) – the largest network of Black professionals
- The Haas DEIJB Team covers membership fees for students. Contact Clemika Young if interested.
- San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- The Executive Leadership Council – strives to nurture and amplify Black excellence and leadership in business
- AfroTech – conference, newsletter, podcast, news, and resources for Black professionals in tech
- National Association of Black Accountants – an association dedicated to bridging the opportunity gap for black professionals in the accounting, finance, and related business professions
- 100 Black Men of the Bay Area – mission is to improve the quality of life within the Bay Area community and to enhance educational and economic opportunities for disadvantaged, disenfranchised, and low- income youth and families
- National Coalition of the 100 Black Women of the Bay Area – committed to providing programs that increase the participation of African American women in economic, civic, entrepreneurial, and human services
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women of Silicon Valley – committed to providing programs that support black women and girls
- 100 Black Men of Silicon Valley – mission is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for our youth and other diverse groups
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators – is the principal and most progressive organization dedicated to the advancement of black public leadership in local and state governments
- National Association of African Americans in Human Resources Northern California Chapter – exists to provide a unique global forum for the career development of Black and African American human resources professionals
- Urban Financial Services Coalition – promote career and professional development, including a premier job bank of experienced minority professionals and commensurate career opportunities
- Black Product Managers Network – a community of diverse product leaders who are passionate about advancing in their careers and increasing representation
- Black Executive CMO Alliance – have launched a new mentorship initiative designed to help guide mid-career Black talent into senior and C-Suite roles: The BECA Playbook.
- Shift VC 2023 – the first ever conference for BIPOC VCs