In 2022, over $30,000 was awarded to 10 FTMBA students thanks to contributions from students, alumni, and CSSL. Learn more about their experiences here.
A special thanks to Richard and Cynthia Strauch (MBA 85 & 86, respectively) for creating the Richard & Cynthia Strauch Haas Social Impact Fund – an endowment created in 2017 that provides ongoing support for the Haas Impact Internship Award.
2023 Haas Impact Internship Award Application Now Open!
- The internship is at a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, public organization, or approved social enterprise
- You have already received a written job offer
- Duration of the summer internship is at least 9 weeks, full-time
- The internship may be paid or unpaid (employer must explain why unpaid)
- Project and organization must be nonpartisan and nonsectarian
- Compensation must not exceed $800/week
- If you receive the funding you must participate in fundraising for next year’s HIIA fundraising drive and share a written summary of your experience with CSSL
2023 Employer Application Form
The first application deadline has passed. The second deadline is Monday, June 12, 2023 should there still be funds remaining. Awards are processed through the financial aid office and are paid at the start of the summer in one lump sum, pending any financial aid impacts.
Finally, it is important to note that we will review each and every application that comes through and accommodate as many grants as we can. Given this, we ask you to be cognizant of the fact that if you do not have the need to apply for this grant and you receive it, you might be using funds that might better support another one of your classmates.
Contact [email protected], with any questions.
Donate to the Haas Impact Internship Award
HIIA funding comes primarily from Haas’s first-year MBAs, who typically donate one day of their summer internship salary to the fund to demonstrate Haas’ commitment to supporting non-profit/public sector endeavors. Contributions from matching corporation donations, alumni, and other donors are another integral part of HIIA.
Consider contributing merely a day of your internship or job compensation to help out others. You can quickly calculate your possible contribution here.