UC Berkeley Students in Other Programs
Social Sector Solutions (S3) is an experiential learning course in which student consulting teams tackle complex problems for clients in social enterprise organizations. The course is taught in partnership with instructors and coaches from McKinsey & Company. Diversity of experience and backgrounds is one of the things that makes S3 a sought-after experience.
S3 is a graduate-level course (MBA292S) offered through the Haas School of Business. However it is also open to students in other graduate programs and undergraduates at UC Berkeley, pending availability.
Students outside of Haas must submit an online application to be considered for a team. The same application applies to both graduates and undergraduate UC Berkeley students.
General Info Sessions
Click to watch the video recording of the 2023 S3 General Info Session
Click to see the S3 2023 Project Descriptions
Click to see the S3 2023 (Jan 20th) Kickoff Event!
S3 Non-MBA Application
The application for non-MBA students will be posted here by August 2023. The application deadline is November 15th, 2023 at noon. Accepted non-MBA applicants will be notified and enrolled automatically.
- S3 2024 Non-MBA Applications are due November 15th, 2023 at noon.
- Non-MBA applicants will be notified by December 2023.
- Jan 19, 2024, 3-5 pm: Mandatory Kick-off event
- May 7, 2024, 6-8 pm: Mandatory Finale event
- Selected graduate students will be enrolled in MBA292S for 3 credits by the MBA program office
- Selected undergraduate students will be enrolled in UGBA192.T7 for 3 credits.
- More details and enrollment verification will be provided at the start of the spring semester.
For more information email [email protected].