The Center for Equity, Gender, and Leadership offers two courses annually that help students build their equity fluency and gives companies the opportunity to tap the creative energy, ideas, and expertise of our students. Student teams examine an issue, problem, or opportunity that is critical to advancing the company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
Project proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis. Companies interested in Fall 2022 projects should submit this form. Spring 2023 projects should be email to [email protected].
What does your company provide?
- A relevant challenge/opportunity faced by your company. Projects should focus on an issue your company faces with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To view descriptions of successful, former projects click here.
- A project contact/liaison. The project liaison should be someone from the company with knowledge and a degree of ownership over the challenge/opportunity identified. The project liaison engages with EGAL in advance of the semester to adequately scope the project. During the semester the project liaison provides, on average, up to 1 hour/week to engage with the student group. This often includes some correspondence and review of the student group’s work in progress. The student group and consulting project liaison commonly establish a 30 minute check-in on a weekly or bi-weekly basis during which time the student group provides an update on the status and solicits further feedback.
- Access to information. The project liaison, or another company contact, will provide access to the resources and data necessary to complete the project and will connect the student group with other relevant stakeholders in the company, as deemed necessary.
- Contribution. For companies not already affiliated with EGAL as a corporate partner, projects are staffed for a gift between $2,000-$5,000 (to be discussed). Accessibility is extremely important to us, if your company needs fee accommodation contact [email protected].
What does your company get?
- A dedicated team of Equity Fluent Leaders. Working in teams of 3-5, students enrolled in this course are accustomed to developing innovative solutions to ambiguous challenges and will harness new ideas to create value for your company. Students generate a final presentation and report delivered to your company.
- Diverse perspectives. These courses draw a diverse enrollment, often resulting in teams that combine perspectives from BerkeleyHaas with views from other professional graduate schools or undergraduate majors at UC Berkeley.
- Expert support. A faculty member, leveraging BerkeleyHaas’ extensive resources and expertise, mentors each consulting team. Undergraduate teams also receive support from MBA student coaches.
- Access. Student teams work closely with companies and are often asked to present at company headquarters. Your select group of students also includes potential hires. Projects also represent a great stepping stone for further engagement with the Center for Equity, Gender, and Leadership.
Should your company propose an undergraduate or an MBA consulting project?
Many company partners are engaged in both the undergraduate and MBA versions of this course. EGAL can work with you to determine the most appropriate fit.
If my company proposes a project, is it automatically selected?
Please note that the number of project proposals often exceeds the number of student groups in the class. Student teams bid on projects and we cannot guarantee that your project will be staffed.
How do I submit a project?
To submit a project for Fall 2022 fill out this form. To submit a project for Spring 2023 please email [email protected].