- This event has passed.
BREAA: Diversity Panel Series – Candid Conversations – Gentrification and Development in East Oakland
July 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Diversity Panel Series
The Berkeley Real Estate Alumni Association is working to heighten awareness of the issues with diversity in the real estate community. The hope is to educate our fellow alumni to challenge the status quo and become a diversity champion in the real estate industry. To that end we are implementing a Diversity Series which aims to dig into the what, the why, the where, and the how over a series of panel discussions.
Gentrification and Development
As the Oakland A’s rally around the proposed stadium development at Howard Terminal, a question often left unanswered is: what will happen to the existing Oakland Coliseum site in East Oakland? Join us for a timely panel discussion on the redevelopment opportunity that exists at the Oakland Coliseum, how equity-focused development can limit displacement, and what impact new development can have on the historically underserved East Oakland community.
Justin Sharp, Co-Chair, BREAA Diversity & Student Engagement Committee
- Alan Dones, SUDA; African American Sports & Entertainment Group
- Andrea Lowe, Lowe Consulting Group – Haas ‘92
- Carolyn Johnson, Black Cultural Zone – Berkeley ‘89
- Jamie Choy, Signature Development Group – Haas ‘11
- Councilmember Loren Taylor, Oakland City Council (District 6) – Haas ‘05