Waiver exams allow you to test out of certain core courses for which you have a demonstrated competency. You should consider taking a waiver exam if you have sufficient academic and professional experience in the subject matter.
Waiver exams for select core courses are administered in July (for fall classes) and December (for spring classes). Only the core courses listed below are eligible to be waived. Exams are graded on a pass/fail basis, not the A-F letter grade scale. To waive out of a core course, you must receive a pass on a waiver exam, as determined by the course professor, or be eligible for an automatic waiver (see below). Completion of other classes or exams is not an acceptable reason to waive a core class. Waiving a core course does not reduce the number of units needed to graduate. You must take additional elective course(s) to complete the 42-unit graduation requirement.
Classes Eligible to be Waived
- EWMBA 201A – Economics for Business Decision Making
- EWMBA 201B – Macroeconomics in the Global Economy
- EWMBA 202 – Financial Reporting*
- EWMBA 203 – Introduction to Finance*
- EWMBA 204 – Operations*
- EWMBA 206 – Marketing Organization and Management
- EWMBA 200S – Data & Decisions
*Eligible for automatic waiver.
Classes NOT Eligible to be Waived
- EWMBA 200C – Leadership Communications
- EWMBA 205 – Leading People
- EWMBA 207 – Ethics and Responsibility in Business
- EWMBA 200P – Fundamentals of Design Thinking
- EWMBA 299 – Strategy