The following links and resources will prepare you for success during WE Launch and the rest of your time in the EWMBA Program. Please bookmark them for easy access in the future.
Check out the overall Fall 2021 Academic Calendar and your Fall 2021 Core Schedule below.
Please note, prior to the start of each semester, you can find the academic calendar on the current student home page.
bCourses is UC Berkeley’s learning management system that hosts the websites for each of your courses.
For WE Launch, we have set up a bCourses page where you will access pre-work for two sessions:
- Awareness and Skills for Inclusive Leadership (July 19)
- Case Study Method Workshop (July 24)
An invitation to the bCourses site will be sent to your @berkeley.edu address in early July.
The Career Management Group (CMG) will be your partners in your career journey.
CMG will be leading a session at WE Launch on July 20th. Make sure to sign up for either the session at 12PM (noon) or 6PM (both sessions are identical).
Once you are a registered student, you will have access to a number of software programs.
Visit [email protected] website for more information about programs and eligibility requirements.
Once you are a registered student, you will have access to a vast number of clubs and organizations via Campus Groups.
Check out the complete list of clubs here.
The virtual sessions for WE Launch will be held via Zoom. All registered UC Berkeley students will be able to set up a Zoom Pro account. When registering for these sessions, please use your @berkeley.edu email address.
Download your cohort’s WE Launch Zoom Background!
Getting Set Up
Connect your bConnected Account to CalCentral?
- bConnected is UC Berkeley’s suite of tools designed to empower educators and students as they learn and innovate together. This includes the Google Education Suite of Applications.
- You should see an action item in CalCentral prompting you to connect so that notifications can appear in CalCentral.
bMail Aliases and Display Name
- MBA students are automatically provisioned an @mba.berkeley.edu email alias. Manage the alias in your bMail settings or bConnected settings.
- Manage your specific bMail Display Name in your bMail settings.
- More info on FAQ page here.
Manage Your Preferred Name in Campus Systems
- Review our FAQ page here.
Setting Up bCourses
- bCourses is the learning platform at UC Berkeley. It is an important hub for course announcements, lecture materials, assignments, and more.
- Please be sure to update your CalCentral contact information to ensure your @berkeley email address is the default contact method for University communications.
- Review your notifications settings to receive email updates! It may not be the default setting to automatically email you when there is an announcement or other action item.
- Learn how to change how you will receive notifications and how often here.
- Review Display Name
- Your bCourses display name will be what is listed in CalCentral > My Profile. Please update your preferred first name, if you wish to go by another name in class.
- Record your name in NameCoach
- NameCoach is a tool that allows you to record your name so that we can maximize our ability to pronounce each others’ names correctly and create a more inclusive space for all of Haas.
Managing Your CalNet ID
- Review our FAQ page here.
CalNet 2-Step Authentication
Set Up Your Slack Profile!
- Please keep this relatively professional, as it may also be used in instructional planning, such as seating charts for when a professor needs to track participation points!
- Display (aka Preferred) First and Last Name
- This is your different than Full Name, which is your legal name in campus records.
- Current Job
- Preferred Pronouns
- Hear My Name
- After recording your name in bCourses > NameCoach, right click on the purple play icon and select “Copy link address.” Paste that into the “Hear My Name” section of your profile.