Function: In 2021, the VPs of DEI & Outreach launched a new peer education program, called Bear PALs (or BearPals) for current and incoming EWMBA students. PALs, which stands for Peer Allyship Liaisons, are volunteers from the classes of 2023, 2024, and 2025 who are committed to supporting their fellow students. The mission of Bear PALs is to provide a community of resources to fellow EW Haas Students who are navigating the challenges of starting and continuing their MBA experience, specifically around wellness and DEI.
The VPs of BearPALs now manage the program and recruit and provide training workshops for the BearPALs.
How can PALs help?: Through a variety of ways, including:
- 1:1 peer chats on resources available at Haas and UC Berkeley around:
- Mental Health
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Offer small group chats
- Host and share community events
- Float up student concerns to VPs of DEI to address with Program Office
- Alongside VPs of DEIBJ and BearPALs, support student-led initiatives related to DEI and Mental Health
Note: BearPals are NOT substitutes for trained-professional medical providers.
Duration: Training is over the summer
Program office contact: Jessica De Anda, Program Manager
How to apply: Fill out the google form here and the VPs of BearPALs will reach out to you.