Economic Analysis and Policy
Expertise and Research Interests
- “Financial Reporting and Capital Market Efficiency.”
- “Accounting Information for Internal Control and Managerial Compensation.”
- “Modularity, Vertical Integration, and Open Access Policies: Towards a Convergence of Antitrust and Regulation in the Internet Age,” with Philip Weiser. revised 2003; Harvard Journal on Law and Technology (2004).
- “Market Structure, Organizational Structure, and R&D Diversity,” with Richard Gilbert and Michael L. Katz. Arnott et al., editors, Economics for an Imperfect World: Essays in Honor of Joseph Stiglitz, MIT Press, 2003.
- “Negotiation and Merger Remedies: Some Problems.” F. Leveque and H. Shelanski, editors, Merger Remedies in Competition Policy, 2003.
- “The American Airlines Case: A Chance to Clarify Predation Policy,” with Aaron Edlin, J. Kwoka and L. White, editors. The Antitrust Revolution, 4th edition, Oxford University Press, 2003.
- “Integration and Independent Innovation on a Network.” American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings (May 2003).
- “Renegotiation in the Repeated Amnesty Dilemma, with Economic Applications,” with Georg Weizsäcker. Business Applications of Game Theory, K. Chatterjee and W. Samuelson, Kluwer, editors, 2001.
- “Coordination and Lock-In: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects.” M. Armstrong and R. Porter, eds., Handbook of Industrial Organization, vol. 3, with Paul Klemperer (draft 2001).