- Accepting your offer of admissions will also act as your acceptance of all applicable terms and conditions. Questions about the award should be directed to the Haas Financial Aid Office in writing. Scholarship offers become null and void if a deferral of admission is granted. If granted a deferral you will be able to reapply for consideration in the following year.
- You are responsible for paying the admissions deposit if you have not already done so. Funds will disburse after the deposit deadline and go to the university first and are usually applied directly toward any billable costs.
- Scholarship offers become null and void if a deferral of admission is granted. If granted a deferral you will be able to reapply for consideration in the following year.
- If you identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, or Transgender, please know we have partnered with Reaching Out MBA Inc. to select ROMBA Fellows for networking opportunities, for free admission to their national LGBT MBA Conference, and inclusion in their resume book to corporate partners. If you are interested, please say so in your reply to this award notification and we will follow-up with you.
For Entering and Continuing Student Scholarships
- You are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward completing your degree in the MBA Program, as evidenced by continuous enrollment and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. If you fail to maintain SAP, as defined above, at the end of the spring term of your first year, disbursements in your second year will be reduced by half until the cumulative GPA is brought back up to a 3.0.
- You may be selected later for a larger Haas Scholarship, in which case it will replace the award offered to you here. This may happen if you apply for another scholarship in a later review date or a scholarship committee revisits a previous application, funding permitted.
- Students who receive scholarship amounts in excess of tuition & fees may be subject to taxation. See the International Office tax form webpage for additional information.
- You may be contacted for information to share with a donor or you may be asked by Marketing for information so they could feature you in a Haas publication. Your name and directory information (such as name, program and year in school) may appear among a list of recipients on the Haas Financial Aid website, or shared with a donor if applicable.
- Immediately email the Haas Financial Aid Office of any change in financial circumstances which involves the receipt of outside aid for educational expenses in excess of $15,000 such as company sponsorship, an external scholarship, or VA Benefits. Outside aid not already reported in your scholarship application that exceeds the $15,000 threshold may impact your Haas Scholarship.
- If you transfer to a different academic program, you will lose all eligibility for the award as funding sources differ between programs. If you withdraw from the program, the disbursements for the term in which you withdraw may be reduced or removed and all supplemental disbursements will be cancelled.
- If you are or become a joint degree student in the MBA/MPH program or JD/MBA program, you will be enrolled for one or two additional semesters respectively. Multi-year scholarship awards will not be extended to cover the additional term(s) of enrollment.
Students will receive a refund for fall from the difference between the deposit paid and the fall portion of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and Doc Fee.
If you receive a Nonresident Tuition waiver or GSI Fee remission, it may reduce your scholarship if the total of the scholarship and these fee-specific awards exceed the cost of tuition & fees. The total of these awards cannot exceed the amount of assessed tuition & fees.
Recipients will not be considered for additional scholarships the second year as this covers the net required tuition & fees for both years.
You will be required to take six Center for Responsible Business course units. A list and other pertinent information can be found on the CRB website.
You will be matched with a Haas alumni mentor working in your finance sector of interest. You will also receive networking opportunities with current fellows and with finance faculty. In turn, it is expected that you will pursue a finance related internship and serve as a mentor to future recipients as an alum in the finance industry.
You will receive priority enrollment in some finance electives subject to availability. If a particular course is impacted, a lottery may be utilized to select students for the course. Consequently priority does not guarantee a spot rather it increases your chances for your preferred finance course.
Continuation of fellowship benefits is contingent upon successful completion of an Investment Banking/Investment Management/Entrepreneurial Finance internship in the summer between your first and second years. You are to maintain professional good standing as a representative of the cultural norms of the school.
You commit to taking a leadership role in applicable Club activities, including treks, networking events, Teach-ins, speaker series or panels.
You will be matched with a mentor working in your sector of interest. You commit to mentoring new fellows after graduation when working in the field.
You will receive priority enrollment in Finance electives relative to your classmates. This priority will be subject to bid point reduction per the Program Office, and a lottery among Fellows if needed. Consequently priority does not guarantee a spot; rather it increases your chances for your preferred Finance course.
Funding is contingent upon continuous employment in your current position. You must report any change in employer or unemployment to the Haas Financial Aid Office. Subsequent disbursements could be affected by a change in your qualifying employment.
Funds are only for one academic year. You must submit an entirely new and complete scholarship application to be considered in subsequent years. You may be considered for funds each year of the EWMBA program provided you continue to meet the requirements of the fund.
Funding is contingent upon continuous residence in your current city. You must report any relocation to a another municipality to the Haas Financial Aid Office. Subsequent disbursements could be affected if you move into the 9-county Bay Area. This is for first year students only.