Most Common Payment Options
Online Payments via e-Check
- UC Berkeley provides a secure and convenient process for online payments via an ACH debit from your checking or savings account.
- Students can pay their charges via e-Check. Simply, log into CalCentral, select My Finances and review the “Billing Summary” box. Click the “Make Payment“ button to complete your payment transaction.
- To edit the dollar amount you wish to pay, please view these step-by-step directions linked here.
- Please note, making a 20% payment does not automatically enroll you in an installment plan. Unpaid balances will be assessed a late payment fee.
Fee Payment Plan (FPP)
- A Fee Payment Plan exists for those students who prefer to pay in five monthly installments. A non-refundable participation fee* will be assessed to your account for each semester that the Fee Payment Plan is utilized.
- How to Enroll:
- FPP enrollment is established on a per semester basis, not an academic year.
- Students will activate FPP through CalCentral by completing 4 easy steps:
- Select Plan
- Review Installments
- Complete the Agreement
- Review and Save the Installment Schedule
- Once enrolled, submit payment according to the Installment Schedule. You are not required to pay until the due date of your upcoming installment.
- For those adding/dropping classes, we advise you do not make your first payment until after the add/drop period and you confirm your fees are accurate.
- “Overpayments” will be applied evenly across any remaining payments and will not be refunded back to you unless you have paid more than the total remaining charges.
- The option to pay in installments is not available for Summer Session. The MFE Program is not eligible for the FPP in any term.
*Fee subject to change
- Students can pay charges using a credit card. A 2.75% convenience fee applies to credit card payments. Log into CalCentral, select My Finances and review the “Billing Summary” box. Click the “Make Payment” button to complete your payment transaction.
- Students can pay their charges via International Funds Transfer (IFT). Log into CalCentral, select My Finances and review the “Billing Summary” box. Click the “Make Payment” button to initiate your wire payment transaction. Quoted rates are valid for 72 hours. For more detail please click here.
Next: Company Sponsorships