Entering and Continuing Student Scholarships
- Accepting your offer of admissions will also act as your acceptance of all applicable terms and conditions. Questions about the award should be directed to the Haas Financial Aid Office in writing. Scholarship offers become null and void if a deferral of admission is granted. If granted a deferral you are eligible to reapply for consideration in the following year.
- Unless otherwise noted scholarships awarded at the time of admissions will be for the length of your program (Full-Time MBA 4 terms, Evening & Weekend MBA 6 terms, EMBA 5 terms). Exceptions apply to the Jimenez Family Fellowship and the Tirado Scholarship as the following awards are for one year only.
- Your application materials may be shared with the donor/ committee members to help them better understand your background. Committee members may include faculty, administrative staff or non- Haas employees uniquely positioned to aid in the selection of award recipients. Materials will be shared using secured methods.
- You are responsible for paying the admissions deposit if you have not already done so. Funds will disburse after the deposit deadline and go to the university first and are usually applied directly toward any billable costs. Funds cannot be used to pay admissions deposits.
- Need-based award offers (Berkeley MBA Need-Based Grant, Shapansky Grant, Carlston Family Fellowship and Beyond Yourself Fellowship) are contingent upon successful completion of verification. You will be asked to submit documentation to support all self-reported information. Failure to adequately provide requested documents will result in cancellation or reduction of offered award.
- You are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), as evidenced by continuous enrollment and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. If you fail to maintain SAP, as defined above, you may be ineligible for future scholarship disbursements.
- If you are awarded additional Haas Scholarship(s) later in the admissions cycle, your original award may be adjusted.
- You may be contacted for information to share with a donor or you may be asked by Marketing for information so they could feature you in a Haas publication. Your name and directory information (such as name, program and year in school) may appear among a list of recipients on the Haas Financial Aid website, or shared with a donor if applicable.
- Immediately email the Haas Financial Aid Office of any change in financial circumstances which involves the receipt of outside aid for educational expenses in excess of $15,000 such as company sponsorship or an external scholarship. Outside aid not already reported in your scholarship application that exceeds the $15,000 threshold may impact your Haas Scholarship.
- If you transfer to a different academic program, you will lose all eligibility for the award as funding sources differ between programs. If you withdraw from the program, the disbursements for the term in which you withdraw may be reduced or removed and all supplemental disbursements will be cancelled.
- If you are or become a joint degree student, you will be enrolled for additional semesters. Multi-year scholarship awards will not be extended to cover the additional term(s) of enrollment.
- Students who receive scholarship amounts in excess of tuition & fees may be subject to taxation. See information from Graduate Division or the International Office tax form webpage for additional guidance.
- Finance Fellowship Recipients (C&J White, IB, IM, EF): Continuation of fellowship benefits is contingent upon successful completion of an Investment Banking/Investment Management/Entrepreneurial Finance internship in the summer of your first year. In turn, it is expected that you serve as a mentor to future recipients as an alum in the finance industry.
- Outside of Bay Area (OOBA) Grant: Funding is contingent upon continuous residence in your current city. You must report any relocation to another municipality to the Haas Financial Aid Office. Subsequent disbursements could be affected if you move into the 9-county Bay Area.
- EWMBA Non-profit/Public Service: Recipients are subject to annual employment verification. Failure to complete employment verification may delay future disbursements.
Next: Outside Scholarships