Entering and Continuing Student Scholarships
- Accepting your offer of admissions will also act as your acceptance of all applicable terms and conditions. Questions about an award should be directed to the Haas Financial Aid Office in writing.
- Unless otherwise noted scholarships awarded at the time of admissions will be for the length of your program (Full-Time MBA 4 terms, Evening & Weekend MBA 6 terms, EMBA 5 terms, MFE 4 terms).
- You are responsible for paying the admissions deposit if you have not already done so. Financial aid disburses at the beginning of the program and is applied directly toward any billable costs.
- Your application materials may be shared with the donor/ committee members to help them better understand your background. Committee members may include faculty, administrative staff or non-Haas employees uniquely positioned to aid in the selection of award recipients. Materials will be shared using secured methods.
- Recipients of a Berkeley Haas Scholarship(s) may see adjustments to their awards to show the donor(s) who supported their scholarship.
- If you are selected as a recipient of additional Haas Scholarship(s) later in the admissions cycle, your original award may be adjusted.
- You may be contacted for information to share with a donor or you may be asked by Marketing for information so they could feature you in a Haas publication. Your name and directory information (such as name, program, and year in school) may appear among a list of recipients on the Haas Financial Aid website or shared with a donor if applicable.
- Scholarship offers become null and void if deferral of admission is granted. If granted a deferral you are eligible to reapply for scholarship consideration in the following year.
- If you transfer to a different academic program, you will lose all eligibility for the award as funding sources differ between programs. If you withdraw from the program, the disbursements for the term in which you withdraw may be reduced or removed and all supplemental disbursements will be canceled.
- If you are or become a joint degree student, you will be enrolled for additional semesters. Multi-year scholarship awards will not be extended to cover the additional term(s) of enrollment.
- You are responsible for maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), as evidenced by continuous enrollment and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. If you fail to maintain SAP, as defined above, you may be ineligible for future scholarship disbursements.
- Students who receive scholarship amounts in excess of tuition & fees may be subject to taxation. See information from the Graduate Division or the International Office tax form webpage for additional guidance.
- Consortium Fellowships will be revisited annually to ensure that the amount of your award for the academic year matches the fees that you are assessed. Please note that if you are assessed “Resident” fees and/ or you elect to waive SHIP, your fellowship will be less than the estimated amount. All fees are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California. In the event that another agency (employer/VA) is covering any of these fees, the Consortium Fellowship will be reduced accordingly.
- Consortium Fellowship recipients may receive a refund for GSI fee remissions as long as the student remains within the cost of attendance.
- Need-based award offers (Berkeley MBA Need-Based Grant, Shapansky Grant, Carlston Family Fellowship, and Beyond Yourself Fellowship) are contingent upon successful completion of verification. You will be asked to submit documentation to support all self-reported information. Failure to adequately provide requested documents will result in the cancellation or reduction of the offered award.
- Immediately email the Haas Financial Aid Office of any change in financial circumstances which involves the receipt of outside aid for educational expenses such as company sponsorship or an external scholarship. Outside aid not already reported in your scholarship application may impact your need-based award.
- Outside of Bay Area (OOBA) Grant: Funding is contingent upon continuous residence in your current city. You must report any relocation to another municipality to the Haas Financial Aid Office. Subsequent disbursements could be affected if you move into the 9-county Bay Area.
- EWMBA scholarship disbursements may not exceed the cost of tuition and fees for a given term.
- Recipients of the EWMBA Non-profit/Public Service grants are subject to annual employment verification. Failure to complete employment verification may delay future disbursements. Employment outside of the non-profit/public service sector may not be eligible for future disbursements.
- To be considered for a Continuing Student Scholarships applicants must meet SAP requirements at the time of application must not have any past due balances at the time of application.
Next: Outside Scholarships