An Immersive Teaching Experience for Faculty
With up to 84 students in a class, experience a virtual classroom that’s just as good as attending a live class. Your learners will engage in a live and collaborative environment that’s designed for groupwork and sharing, while their active participation is encouraged with polls and quizzes.
Experience our Virtual Classrooms, a powerful distance learning system that offers a live classroom experience. Engage your students in a virtual experience unlike anything they’ve seen before.
The Virtual Classroom enables students and teachers to communicate, collaborate, and engage actively with quizzes, polls and silent questions. Wherever they are - inside the classroom, across the campus or beyond – the Virtual Classroom supports educators and learners to engage with success. Even more, our Virtual Classrooms help you to monitor and manage your students, featuring data analytics to all the sessions you teach.
We invite you to connect with us for more information about Virtual Classrooms and how you may want to join a growing list of faculty teaching in our innovative technology spaces.
5 Reasons to Try Out the Virtual Classroom
At Haas Digital we provide you with an on-site as well as off-site support team, allowing for the most seamless experience as you teach on the virtual classroom platform.
We provide separate faculty, GSI, and student trainings as well as on-going support throughout the semester as you experience the Virtual Classrooms real time.
Our on-site technical specialist will help troubleshoot any problems you have. Classes are recorded and maintained by Haas Digital. Our off-site remote specialists support students who may require technical troubleshooting.
Experience a piece of technology optimally designed to enhance your experience of teaching virtually.
Our classrooms boast 14 large video tiles to fit 84 students within a single virtual class. Unlike Zoom, all 84 students appear largely in one view, and only the faculty can see all 84 faces simultaneously. This minimizes a phenomenon known as ‘Zoom fatigue’ for Haas students.
When a student speaks, you will be able to hear the direction from which the student is speaking on the tile board. This mimics the effect of being in an actual classroom with students.
Built by Barco WeConnect exclusively for business schools and corporations, the Virtual Classroom is a virtual solution designed to maximize the faculty experience.
- The Breakout Room feature allows for small group discussion, engagement, and student participation.
- Nine separate whiteboards allow you or students to write on as you might in a classroom. Certain whiteboards can also be concealed if you wish to reveal them later during the session. Whiteboard content is then saved for students to download for personal studies after class.
- Interactive polling with true/false, agree/disagree, multiple choice, and open answer options.
- Chat functionality allowing participants to respond directly to one another. Private message does not exist, to reduce 1:1 private discussions and encourage engaging whole-group discussions.
- Q&A chats and virtual hand raising that students can use to address questions and catch your attention.
- Confidence monitors for slide presentations and session analytics
- Screen sharing capability for presenters or participants.
- Remote Host options for guest speakers
While the Virtual Classroom makes the transition from offline to online teaching relatively seamless, trying out a new piece of technology can only benefit you, the faculty. With so much technical support and guidance, we aim to make your transition as smooth as possible.
Moreover, instructional designers at Haas Digital can help to thought-partner on pedagogical transition as well. We are equipped with resources and experience to identify methods and consult with faculty to help in this transition. Whether you are converting your traditional offline class or online zoom class to best fit the needs of the Virtual Classroom, members of Haas Digital will be able to support your delivery with best practices in consideration.
In an earlier poll, Haas students showed a slight preference to Virtual Classroom over Zoom. Here are some reasons why we think that is:
- The student-end Virtual Classroom interface is better designed for a virtual classroom experience. Students choose what content, feature or camera angle to view at any one time, giving them full control of their learning experience.
- The Virtual Classroom mimics a real in-person classroom environment. Students are not passively watching a screen but active in the classroom.
- Direct student end-support means students have constant access to a remote support specialist troubleshooting their needs.
Reach us here for more information
Next: Remote Proctoring