Learn about the Haas Recognition Program
The recognition program at Haas recognizes the excellence that exists in all units and job functions at Haas. There are four types of awards: HEART, Spot, Achievement awards and Outstanding Staff Awards. Find out more about employee recognition at Haas and information on award recipients.
Get to Know your Community
Staff Organizations at Haas
- The Dean’s Staff Advisory Committee (DSAC) is an advisory committee consisting of six staff members who foster communication between Haas staff and the Dean.
- Engage@Haas is a group of staff members who organize events that build community among staff. Some of the most recent initiatives are the Peer Share Series, Game Day, and Volunteer Day. Look out for messages from Engage and be sure to attend any of the events and connect with colleagues.
- The Green Team is a group of staff members who are working on sustainability initiatives at Haas.
Happenings at Haas
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: An annual event held in spring to say “thank you” to our staff community.
- Monthly Cake/Snack Day: To celebrate birthdays and bring the Haas community together. You will receive a calendar invitation.
- Holiday Party: Year-end event to celebrate all that the Haas community has accomplished together.
- Many events hosted by Engage@Haas. You will receive announcements throughout the year.
Communications at Haas
- Read the Staff Lounge Blog and Haas Newswire
- Pay attention to the COO’s Monthly Update
Connect with Staff Organizations on Campus
UC Berkeley has a diverse array of staff organizations and communities of practice. Getting involved and connecting with colleagues is an excellent professional opportunity that strengthens your knowledge and network on campus.
Use your Discounts and Perks
UC Berkeley staff enjoy many perks that come with working for one of the top employers in California. Your Cal 1 Card enables you to get discounts and special offers on athletic events, credit unions, and goods. Visit the Employee Perks page for a comprehensive list. In addition, you can also access music events, museums, lecture series, and more. The UCB events calendar is your one-stop site to find out what’s happening on campus and will help you explore all that UC Berkeley has to offer. And don’t forget that your Cal 1 Card provides you access to all University libraries.
Ask Questions and Consult with your Key Campus Resources
- Your Supervisor or Manager
- Haas HR Team
- Staff Ombuds Office: Provides strictly confidential and informal conflict resolution and problem-solving services.
- Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD): Responsible for ensuring the University provides an environment for faculty, staff and students that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of categories including race, color national origin, gender, age, and sexual orientation/identity.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Justice Division: Advocates for equity by providing programs and services that lead to academic access and success for students, pathways to leadership and advancement for staff, building equitable structures with faculty advisors, and closing opportunity gaps for our most marginalized groups.
- Office of Ethics, Risk and Compliance Services: Charged with detecting and preventing non-compliant and/or unethical conduct throughout the campus.
- Work/Life Office: Provides staff with an overview of existing campus work/life policies, programs, and resources designed to support our campus community in balancing their work, family, and personal lives.