Students interested in pursuing the Robinson Life Science, Business, and Entrepreneurship Program must be admitted to UC Berkeley as a freshman. Eligible candidates will apply to the Program during the fall semester of their sophomore year.
The Program application is available each November, and admissions decisions will be available mid-February. Information Sessions with additional details about the application process will be held in early fall. Students may only apply to the Program once.
Course planning for the program begins in the fall of freshman year, and all prerequisite courses for MCB and Haas should be completed by the end of your sophomore year. You should discuss your goals and interest in the program with LSBE staff as early as possible.
The admissions committee selects individuals who demonstrate promise for academic success as well as excellence in non-academic endeavors. The goal of the admissions review process is to holistically evaluate an applicant’s overall fit for the program. Additionally, we seek applicants who embody the Berkeley Haas Defining Leadership Principles:
- Question the Status Quo
- Confidence Without Attitude
- Students Always
- Beyond Yourself
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Ability to articulate interest in the program and why studying at the intersection of biology and business is important to you.
- Academic achievement including grades, course load, consistent academic excellence, and high academic performance in all required prerequisite courses for both MCB and Haas
- Consistency and impact in extracurricular activities
- Personal attributes and life experience suggesting leadership, maturity, ethical character, teamwork and goal orientation
- Communication and analytical skills as demonstrated by responses to essay questions
The following factors are evaluated and weighted as listed below:
50% – Grades & Coursework
35% – Essays
15% – Resume
The information submitted as part of the written applications typically gives us the full picture of a student’s experience and aspirations. All applicants will have the opportunity to submit a video interview along with the application. The video interview is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged.
|November 1||Online application opens at 12:00pm PST
|November 3||Admissions Info Session, 5:00 – 6:30pm PST
Add to calendar
|November 30||Application Deadline 4:00pm PST|
|February 8||Admission decisions available|
|Late March||Final admission decision for conditionally admitted students available|
|Late August TBD||LSBE New Student Welcome|
|August 24||Fall classes begin|
**All LSBE applicants will receive an email at the end of October which will contain instructions to create an account. Please do not create one independently. Email email@example.com if you have questions about this.
Next: Class Profile