In your first year, the Haas core curriculum gives you a foundation in business basics. Then, an array of electives offers the flexibility to tailor your studies to meet your goals.
Starting Fall 2021, all incoming full-time MBA students will take 14 core courses (24 units) to ground you in the fundamentals of business and provide essential knowledge and analytical tools.
The Fall semester of your first year consists of two seven-week modules:
- MBA200S Data and Decisions (2 units)
- MBA201A Microeconomics (2 units)
- MBA205 Leading People (2 units)
- MBA200C Leadership Communications (1 unit)
- MBA202 Financial Accounting (2 units)
- MBA203 Finance (2 units)
- MBA206 Marketing (2 units)
- MBA200A Data Analytics (2 units)
The Spring semester of your first year includes 6 core courses all taken in 7-week modules except for MBA205D.
- MBA205D Business Communication in Diverse Work Environments (1 unit)
- MBA201B Macroeconomics (2 units)
- MBA204 Operations (2 units)
- MBA207 Ethics (1 unit)
- MBA200D Data-Driven Presentations (1 unit)
- MBA299 Strategic Leadership (2 units)
Next: Elective Courses