The Fall 2023 Elective Schedule contains a list of all FTMBA electives available.
A few things to note about the elective spreadsheet:
- The course numbers are linked to the description for each course
- In cases where courses meet in a structure other than the full 15 weeks, the meeting dates are noted in the “meeting dates” column
- Classes will be held in person unless otherwise noted on the elective schedule
- Faculty reserve the right to drop any student who does not attend the first day of class without their explicit prior approval. Please keep this in mind as you review course start dates
Class capacities, course descriptions, and faculty evaluations can all be accessed through OLR.
Pre-recorded class overviews (not all classes will have a recorded overview; available recordings will be added in this section)
- EW/MBA296.1F – Strategically Managing Health Care Policy: Recording, Passcode: *YK%X!0J
- Finance electives (including the SAIF courses): Recording, Passcode: X4p^knsX
Requesting EWMBA Electives
If you are interested in requesting a seat in an elective course offered solely in the Evening-Weekend program, you can do so on a space-available basis. During Add/Drop, you can email the Academics Team at [email protected] with the full course number and title. We will meet with EW to review the requests.
Important: Enrollments must not conflict with other MBA courses (other FTMBA or EWMBA).
Fall 2023 EWMBA elective schedule
First day to submit your requests: coming soon
Last day to submit your requests: coming soon
If you are interested in exploring academic subjects outside of Business to complement your MBA coursework, check out the instructions on how to enroll in non-MBA courses. In the instructions, we also included a link to confidential feedback previous FTMBA students have shared about select non-Haas classes.
The campus has a different enrollment timeline from the MBA enrollment phases. Remember to check the University Registrar’s calendar and the respective department of the non-Haas courses for enrollment deadlines.
Have you taken a Non-Haas Elective?
Help your peers and future FTMBA students get a sense for these courses by providing feedback about your experience of a non-MBA class!
Independent Study (MBA293)
Independent study (MBA293) is a self-directed course sponsored by Haas faculty designed to support students who would like to research an academic topic that is not currently covered in an existing UC Berkeley course.
If you are interested in learning more about Independent Study and/or how to apply, we invite you to read our instruction and application guide. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the application deadline.
Last day to submit your application: coming soon
Student-Initiated Courses (MBA294)
If you are interested in leading a student-initiated course as part of your MBA program, review this information for the most commonly asked questions. If you have additional questions or would like to set up an advising appointment to discuss your proposal, we’re happy to talk with you!