The Fisher Center annually sponsors a research grant program available to all UC Berkeley faculty and Ph.D. students with research projects in the areas of real estate, real estate finance, and urban economics.
The Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics has a limited amount of funding available for research proposals from UC Berkeley Ph.D. candidates, and invites you to submit a proposal to fund research for fiscal year 2023/24. (Please note that this year the Fisher Center is not funding faculty research projects.)
Faculty may sponsor a Ph.D. by submitting a letter of recommendation, along with a brief description of the student’s project.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: Friday, April 28, 2023
TOPICS: Research related to real estate asset and capital markets, agglomeration and urban economics, sustainability, stress in banking markets, housing markets, or consumer credit – all broadly defined.
FUNDING PERIOD: August 1, 2023 through May 30, 2024
TOTAL FUNDING AMOUNT: $15,000
PhD PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
- A brief description of the project
- A letter from the faculty sponsor
PhD STUDENT REQUIREMENTS:
- All Ph.D. proposals must be submitted through a faculty member.
- Student must have passed orals and received thesis committee approval before the start of the Fall 2023 semester in August 2023.
- Student must register for and attend the weekly Research Seminar in Real Estate in both Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
- Submit at least one working paper on the research topic. The paper must include a one-page abstract and, with faculty approval, it will be included in the Center’s working paper series.
APPLICATION: SUBMISSION FORM (LINK)
NOTIFICATION: Decisions will be made by the Fisher Center’s Research Grants Committee. Applicants will be notified by June 30, 2023.
QUESTIONS? : Contact Tom Chappelear via email ([email protected]) or call 510-643-6109.