Don’t Miss Out! CRB Fall Dates to Know
Any times or locations not included below will be added to this post and updated on our Events page as they are confirmed.
Coffee with the CRB Staff
8/23, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, F412 | Open to all
- Please join staff from the Center for Responsible Business for a coffee and chat during the “Coffee with the CRB” sessions. These are intended to be informal get-togethers where you can pose questions to staff about the CRB and offer your input.
Berkeley Innovative Solutions (BIS) Consulting Program
8/23, 2:00 – 3:00 PM, N340+N344 | MBAs and all UC Berkeley graduate students
8/28, 4:00 – 5:00 PM, N340+N344 | MBAs and all UC Berkeley graduate students
- The BIS Consulting Program works to link company projects with teams of interdisciplinary graduate students from the UC Berkeley campus. Teams are designed to meet their clients’ needs with complementary areas of academic focus (e.g., policy, engineering, business, etc.) and past professional experience. The opportunity for students to collaborate across academic disciplines provides both a unique experience for student participants and a rich perspective for BIS clients.
Haas Club Fair
8/29-30, 12:30 – 2:00 PM, Haas Courtyard | Open to all
- Be sure to stop by the Haas Courtyard to learn more about student clubs and the experiential learning opportunities they offer.
Coffee with the CRB
8/30, 11:00 – 11:45 AM, F416 | Open to all
- Please join Robert Strand, Executive Director of the Center for Responsible Business, for a coffee and chat during the “Coffee with the CRB” sessions. These are intended to be informal get-togethers where you can pose questions to Robert about the CRB and offer your input.
BIS Student applications due
9/4 | MBAs
- Learn more and apply here: http://berc.berkeley.edu/programs/berc-innovative-solutions/
Social Impact Mixer
9/5, 4:00 – 6:00 PM, Wells Fargo Room | MBAs
CRB Information Session
9/13, 11:20 AM – 12:00 PM, Spieker Forum | MBAs
- Hear from members of the CRB’s student advisory board talk about opportunities to engage with the CRB. Whether you’re interested in learning more about the Haas Socially Responsible Investment Fund, the Student Advisory Board, the Patagonia Case Competition, impact related courses, or any of our other activities, this is your opportunity to ask questions and learn more.
- Register to attend: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-center-for-responsible-business-crb-info-session-tickets-48902877824
[Peterson Speaker Series] Inspiring Tomorrow’s Business Leaders: Clif Bar Co-owners Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford
9/13, 12:30 – 1:30 PM, Spieker Forum | Open to all
- Join Clif Bar Co-owners Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford for a fireside chat with Haas Social Impact Fellow, Will Rosenzweig. They will dive deeper into Clif Bar’s story and share the ways in which they have been inspiring a new generation of purpose-driven business leaders.
- Register to attend: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peterson-speaker-series-inspiring-tomorrows-business-leaders-clif-bar-co-owners-gary-erickson-and-tickets-47835487230
Haas Socially Responsible Investment Fund (HSRIF) Information Session
9/17, 12:00 – 1:00 PM | MBAs and all UC Berkeley graduate students
- The Haas Socially Responsible Investment Fund provides MBA and graduate students with real-world experience in delivering both strong financial returns and positive social impact. Attend this info session to learn more about how to become an HSRIF Principal.
Impact Investing Practicum Info Session
9/19, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM | FTMBAs
- The Impact Investing Practicum offers students the opportunity to work on real-world impact investing challenges with external partners. This applied innovation course is co-taught by Adair Morse, Associate Professor, Haas Finance Group, and Nora Silver, Faculty Director and Adjunct Professor of the Center for Social Sector Leadership. Attend this session to learn more about the course and how to apply.
All CRB Activity Deadlines
9/23, 11:59 PM | Open to all
- CRB Student Advisory Board application deadline – details available HERE
- HSRIF application deadline – applications will be available HERE after the info session on 9/17
- Impact Investing Practicum application deadline – applications will be available HERE after the info session on 9/19
- Net Impact Conference Scholarship application deadline – details available HERE
- Patagonia Student Lead Application Deadline – details available HERE
[Peterson/Dean’s Speaker Series] Margo Alexander, Chair Emeritus, Acumen Fund
11/5, 12:30 – 1:30 PM, Spieker Forum | Open to all
- Save the date – registration coming soon!
CRB 15th Anniversary Celebration
11/27, Berkeley Haas School of Business | Open to all
- Please join us in celebrating 15 years of impact for the Berkeley Haas Center for Responsible Business! Save the date – more details coming soon.